got my first larger on.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie944S

Reaction score
Well I've been brewing 50lts of dark beer every 2 week's for about the past 5 months and I've brewed something new everytime, now I've just put on my first 50lts of (gold) larger. Fingers crossed it comes out pefect.

very exciting! as the temperature around this area continues to drop I plan to start a lager. My house tends to stay pretty cold (cuz i'm too cheap to run the furnace) so I figure that will work out perfectly.

Hope it comes out great!

Cheers guys hopefully it all turns out well, thinking about making another batch straight away of the same so i got a good supply of regular larger and some stout and dark ale's to mix it up.

Will be getting this in to bottles tomorrow, forgot to mention I brewed this on honey. And the hydro sample was awesome.

How long has it been lagering? Or are you going to lager it in the bottle?

I brewed the Maibock on the 28th and it still hasn't done its D-rest yet. I was planning on letting it sit at 50 degrees for a total of 21 days and then bring it up to room temps for 48 hours and then keg and lager for at least three months. How do you usually do it for your lagers?

Back