Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks awesome! Would you mind posting your recipe?

No problem. It's actually the Crandaddy Braggot Recipe from extreme brewing.

- 3gal boil top up to 5gal
- 6 lbs LME
- 6 lbs Orange Blossom
- 1oz Hallertau (60min)
- 2lbs dried cranberries (Craisins)
- pectic enzyme
- yeast nutrient
- Champagne Yeast

Hydrated the cranberries in boiling water then i put them in a food processor and puree them
add them with 5 mins left in the boil.

The recipe said that this will be done in a month but let me tell you that was wayyyyyy off. I made this at the beginning of last September when I was still fairly new to brewing thinking that it would be done by Thanksgiving. Being a little over 7 months old now it is really tasting awesome.

I added the honey at the end of the boil. I always heard that when you boil honey you lose a lot of the flavor & the aroma so that's why I did it that way.

Here is my first ever batch of home brew. It's two days old here.

image-1139326473.jpg

Playing with some led's in the fermentation and aging room, three one gallon batches at various stages. L to R, blueberry/lavender test recipe, yerba chai blend metheglin and a Jaom about ready for bottling (I like to go into a secondary for a couple days first just incase some more stuff likes to settle out)

light.jpg

All my meads were only started this month. Looking forward to a good winter!!

Big carboys from left to right:

-Tupelo Honey Mead. Simple traditional mead.. around 12lbs of honey, Lalvin D47
-My very first Braggot... sort of a medium wheat grain bill, some tettnanger hops, and 10lbs of local wildflower honey
-Not mead. Nice beer that should be similar to a Kilt Lifter.

1 gallon jugs from left to right:

-Raspberry Vanilla Melomel.
-Caramel Apple Cyser. Made this as a birthday present for my wife. :D
-Spiced Pumpkin Cyser. Hoping it'll be drinkable by Thanksgiving.

IMAG0386.jpg

There's some pretty looking meads in this here thread...

TeufelHundenM198: What recipe did you use for for your Caramel Apple Cyser?

Ancho Chili Capsicumel. Sweet mead with awesome mouthfeel, peppery nose, and a nice spicy kick to finish it off.

IMAG0118.jpg

So this is everything I've got right now that isn't out in the deep storage. In order:

Kiwi (with Strawberry!) Wine that's currently bulk aging and settling down.

B+B+B Mead- Blueberry, Blackberry and Banana. That's one of the topping bottles as I just transferred it off the fruit. If it fully clears, should be fun.

Raspberry Mead- Bottled around 9 months ago. Wonderful nose on it, though not quite as much taste of raspberry as I was expecting.

p5280160.jpg

My first mead - a minor variation of Joe's Ancient Orange Mead (no cinnamon or cloves). It's a little over two months old at this point and has just be racked into its secondard home. Not too terribly clear but it's been fun for a first shot!

2012-05-27 20.04.14.jpg

image-701245706.jpg

First post!

And first batch. Just plain ol' mead. Nothin but water, honey, yeast(& nutrient), and hopefully mother nature's sweet sweet love.

Father's day traditional

3gal batch, 9 lbs wildflower honey, K1V-1116

2untitled.jpg

untitled.jpg

less that 24 hours after pitching yeast. Sorry for the cell phone pics and the fact that one's bigger than the other, I'm still getting used to this ;)

-Kingboomer

Thanks opus and medic! Fermentation is off to a good start. Will post more pics as it develops!

This picture was just taken less than an hour ago. It is my finished product. After fermenting for over a year, my rendition of JOAM is complete.

How is it different you may ask. Well, I used champagne yeast instead of bread yeast for starters. I also racked three times to clarify. The four beer bottles are for a state compitition, I asked if bottle presentation affected score and the past president, and current vice both said "just put it in a beer bottle." The comp is July 27.

IMG_5330.jpg

Love the blue bottles, I wanted to buy some cobalt swing tops, but they were way too expensive.

Thanks! Yeah, the blue glass apparently costs more money..:( The LHBS sells the cobalt swing tops in liter, 22 oz, and standard. It averages around $50 per case! Maybe one day...

My first Mead its a JAO MEAD i used Lavin D47 as my yeast.

webshare_1339335657236.jpg

ForumRunner_20120619_231256.jpg just finished

1340165680-picsay.jpg 1 week fermentation

Preparations for a midsummer mead tasting.
I guess this is more of a "show me your labels" since you cannot actually see the meads. :)

Midsummer small.jpg

Back