College Football Upset-o-Rama

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
If you're anything like me, there's nothing more boring than every one of the top 25 coming out on top every week...and most by 40 points or so. As fun as college football is to watch, that sh*t gets a little old.

So it's weekends like this where I raise my glass to such teams as South Florida, GTech, Colorado, Maryland and Kansas State. Here's to upset weekends in college ball, baby...

:tank:

Oh, and my condolences to anyone who lost a fortune on the office pool this week...

And FSU knocked off #22 Alabama.

Let's hope we can raise out glasses to Washington as well!

My current school won and the team I generally route for won although they beat my alma matter (but IMO they shouldn't have a football team). So that makes for a pretty good football day. Just hope Florida can comeback.

#4 Florida joins the group of upsets. Wow. What a week.

Well, stupid Trojans just took it on an illegal forward pass penalty. Oh well. Still...good week for college football...

LOL! Honestly I actually have never met him face to face. My paretns and sisters have at a family reunion, but I didn't make it. I have talked to him on MySpace a few times though.

Yes, I have a myspace account.:D

I'm planning to watch the #25 Purdue / #4 OSU game tonight.

I'm guessing OSU will stomp on Purdue in the 2nd half. Purdue always seem to loose momentum after 30 minutes of play. They kick but for 30 minutes then lay back and let the opponent score one after another.

The college games are more unpredicable do the bigger changes in the line-up and the pure desire to play in the game. Its not as egotistical as the pros.

I'm gonna try to clean bottles so I can bottle my brown ale and make my Octoberfest Cream Ale and still watch the game. Don't know how that will work.

Go Boilers!!

:rockin:

z987k said:
**** YEAH unranked Illinois beats #5 Wisconsin. Comma comma comma.

LOL, I was gonna make a comment earlier about being overly confident...

But DAMN it turned out to be a GREAT game.... :rockin: :rockin:

Ize

Schlenkerla said:
I'm planning to watch the #25 Purdue / #4 OSU game tonight.

I'm guessing OSU will stomp on Purdue in the 2nd half. Purdue always seem to loose momentum after 30 minutes of play. They kick but for 30 minutes then lay back and let the opponent score one after another.

The college games are more unpredicable do the bigger changes in the line-up and the pure desire to play in the game. Its not as egotistical as the pros.

I'm gonna try to clean bottles so I can bottle my brown ale and make my Octoberfest Cream Ale and still watch the game. Don't know how that will work.

Go Boilers!!

:rockin:
sorry bout your luck:rockin:

Yah! I kind figured this. I'm still on replay so I'm at 4th QTR.

Right now the only bottle work I'm doing is emptying...

Beerrific said:
OMFG! LSU almost blew it! Damn, that was a good game.

signlsutiger0hn.gif

Geaux Tigers!

Ize said:
LOL, I was gonna make a comment earlier about being overly confident...

But DAMN it turned out to be a GREAT game.... :rockin: :rockin:

Ize
We're you here?

z987k said:
We're you here?

Nope, got offered tix, but just couldn't pull it off. When I do tho, I'll make sure I holler. We'll grab some cold ones. (We're radio affiliates, get more than a few tickets. :rockin: )

Ize

PseudoChef said:
VANDERBILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suck that Steve "There are no Vanderbilts in the NFL" Spurrier. ******.

hehe

Vandy is usually good for an upset once every couple years. That's why the SEC keeps them around, right?

Beerrific said:
hehe

Vandy is usually good for an upset once every couple years. That's why the SEC keeps them around, right?

I dunno. I think they keep us around so other SEC teams get two bye weeks in an otherwise horrendously difficult conference.

I don't even know where to begin with this one. All I know is SWMBO has family in Columbus that are rabid, part of me wants to call... part of me wants to hide. ;)

I will take the win however.... :D

Ize

I'm sure at least a few of you already noticed, but the last two weeks, Nebraska pulled a 70/70

That is to say, two weeks ago, they lost to Kansas, who scored over 70 points. Then, last week, they beat (trampled?) Kansas State, scoring over 70 points in the process.

Never been done before in CFB. Then again, is that a good thing? >_>

Back