What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homebrewed Black Walnut Porter. Really pleased with this, unlike some of my brews.

Did you use an extract for the walnut or did you use actual nuts? I've been wanting to do a walnut porter with the walnuts from my backyard but not sure how to go about it.

A side by side of my Two Hearted Ale from NB & the original from Bell's. Really close, theirs is a touch more malty and a lil darker but mine is hoppier which makes me happier......both are awesome!!!

The Stoic:
thestoic.jpg

Lagunitas Sucks...awesome btw, soon to be followed by my first Vertival Epic, and if sobriety allows a Firestone Union Jack. I went shopping today :)

My Louis French type english/scottish? (American based really)strong ale. Used muntons Gold on this probably not ideal for my first strong ale. Bottled 5 months now,it is coming together more but ok not great.The OG was somewhat accidental, for some lazy reason i just dumped the rest of my lme of what i had and guessed to use it up,if i had known i would have bittered it to American style ibu's.30 ibu's doesnt cut it much for a 8.8% It does seem to have a woody/dry slightly tart finish to it,and coconut maltyness. Smooth and slick overall vanilla carmel maltiness. Not real alchoholy so thats a plus, it did smell boozy only when it was very cold but ended up sort of complexly malty.Used LME + Partial mash of Vienna malt + Pilsner+ some carawheat and a bit of crystal 120, Pilgrim to bitter/flavor and middlefru to finish. Finished too flipping high for me 1.022. Next time! Ill check up on this next spring maybe.

Great Lakes Nosferatu:Excellent Imperial Red Ale.Check this out.:rockin: Way to go Ohio! Im thinking im a sucker for whatever hop they used.
Edit: Just looked Simco for bittering and cascade.Im goin for it. They are nice enough to have a download,love when brewers,ies do this.

About to do some "studying" for upcoming bjcp exam.

Doing a cross-comparison tasting of 5 styles:

Full Sail Session Lager -- Premium American Lager
Weihenstephaner Original -- Munich Helles
Ayinger Jahrhundert -- Dortmunder Export (couldn't find DAB)
Victory Prima Pils -- German Pilsner
Pilsner Urquell -- Bohemian Pilsner

I also have a bunch in the fridge to do the same for vienna lager/oktoberfest/dunkel/bock, although that will be another day.

Are they hiring? Hehe home brewed punkin ale 8.4%abv and actually a good balance then a glass or reisling

Yeah I have my bottles down stairs. Didn't want to get them for exact quote. I still have my 2010 and 2009 to drink. Looking to do a vertical here shortly. I would have aged it myself. :mug:
Deschutes just had a free vertical tasting of the 09, 10, 11's at the brewery about a month ago. All are great. I could down this year's batch with no problem, but I'm trying to restrain myself. I haven't been so successful in previous years.

Deschutes just had a free vertical tasting of the 09, 10, 11's at the brewery about a month ago. All are great. I could down this year's batch with no problem, but I'm trying to restrain myself. I haven't been so successful in previous years.

I have so much in storage that it is easy to just add another. :D

Mommmmmmmm...bring me a $12 bomber of Deschutes![/Cartman]
damn man, you're having a good night. But, the XXIII is probably my least favorite of that line. Don't like the orange in it.

I'm having my 1st,a Kentucky Bourbon Barrel ale. It's ok...tastes like someone dropped a shot of bourbon in a glass of pale ale. I think my Whiskely ale was better. But the Harpoon winter Warmer is really good! A dark brown ale that smells & tastes of cinnamon & nutmeg. Cloves too,but they don't list that one on the bottle,so maybe from the yeast? Only $9.49 a 6'r as well.

The KBBA is def working at 8.19%ABV. But the Harpoon Winter Warmer has no ABV,but Best by 2/15/12 on it?...sure is a smoothly spiced redish brown ale,though.

Back