Typical Brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathBrewer

Maniacally Malty
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK, folks...I am a brewin'! With the laptop, so I can post pics right now...best I'm gonna come to webcam right now.

Here is the very first piece of equipment purchased for a special project:

fans2-64425.jpg

fans-64424.jpg

Here's the basement brewery!

brewery-64426.jpg

and here is my brew setup...first time I've really done it this way...there was too much grain to use my 5 gal, so I'm mashing in a bag in my 7.5 gallon and using my 9 gallon for the sparge, then running back into the 7.5 gallon to boil :D

brewing-64427.jpg

Ooh...I forgot...I installed some more lights, I should use those and take another pic. Let me know if you'd like to see anything specific, besides my organs, of course.

im just getting started my 30qt stock pot has not even shown up in the mail yet so I'm super jeleous haha happy brewing

shoot! Somehow deleted pictures of the run-off and the sparge. Oh well...basically I stuck the mash paddle under the bag so it could run-off freely through the spigot. I used 8 gallons and got about 7.5...I'm leaving a gallon behind (keeping it hot) and going to start boiling the mash and run-off. I only get about 0.5 gal absorption with the bag method if I let it drain through the colander.

I would love to brew a session with you. If I'm ever in the Yay area, I'm gonna look you up. I'm supposed to be in Dublin (CA) the first week in May for my wife's baby shower...we are from CA and all her friends and family are out there, but complications with the pregnancy might prohibit us from flying.

However, if we do, it is going to go something like this:

"Hey hun, I'm going to drive to Oakland to hang out with this fool DeathBrewer"

"Who?"

"Doesn't matter...I'll be back at 8. Have fun at your shower."

I would love to brew a session with you. If I'm ever in the Yay area, I'm gonna look you up. I'm supposed to be in Dublin (CA) the first week in May for my wife's baby shower...we are from CA and all her friends and family are out there, but complications with the pregnancy might prohibit us from flying.

However, if we do, it is going to go something like this:

"Hey hun, I'm going to drive to Oakland to hang out with this fool DeathBrewer"

"Who?"

"Doesn't matter...I'll be back at 8. Have fun at your shower."

Sounds like a plan!
:mug:

But you know, I think the plane tickets are non-refundable at this point. Why let them go to waste right? I can still use mine...

ok, next pics. Here's the mayhem left over from saturday night, with the Rye Poison on tap! I threw some ice in the jockey box (plate chiller) when I got home.

12-64415.jpg

13-64416.jpg

14-64417.jpg

15-64418.jpg

I'm boiling down a gallon or so of the amber...gonna get my color (was hitting it lower than i thought) and some wonderful flavor:

16-64419.jpg

Latest posts

Back