Homebrew Supply Websites

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got started at www.highgravitybrew.com. They were great to work with, and they shipped out fast!!! I even made a number of changes to my kit with no problems.

I also like the fact that their High Gravity brand Fat Tire clone kit came with a Wyeast smack pack included for 25 bucks. Most other places I looked at added $5 or more for the liquid yeast.

Unfotunately, shipping was not free, but it was very reasonable.

I have been using this LHBS: www.bacchus-barleycorn.com they areocated about 5 minutes from me. The owner is very knowledgeable, and friendly. For very $200.00 spent, you get a $20.00 coupon. This has been good for me, as I am just getting back into brewing, and have had to replace all of my equipment that disapeared over the last4 years. I think that her prices are preety faironsidering that it is 5 minutes away from the house. $27.00 for a corny keg sounds pretty good to me! Jeff

In Virginia there are a couple that I use. The Weekend Brewer and HomebrewUSA.

Bob and his wife, owners and operators of The Weekend Brewer are wonderful. I'm a relative newbie being 7 batches in and they really hold your hand and anticipate questions you didn't even know you had. I've found one closer recently in Norfolk - HomebrewUSA, but will likely still drive the extra 45 minutes to Chester to visit Bob as his customer service track record with me and seemingly all of his customers is impeccible. The folks at HomebrewUSA seem great as well, and offer pick up in Hampton at a local brewery for those not wanting to traverse the bridge-tunnel to the other side of the water.

Driftwood said:
For anyone in western Canada, www.paddockwood.com seems to have a pretty good selection.

I'm in Vancouver, and they're in Saskatoon, but my HBS sends me to them for anything they don't have. Haven't ordered anything from them yet...

Excellent people to order from and their service is unparrelled, and I'm a lot further away from them than you. I've had a few orders from them.
icon14.gif

Rhoobarb said:
I just found this place today - Perfect Brewing in Wheeling , Illinois. They have a nice site; it looks like they've only been in business for a few months. I have yet to visit or buy from this place.

I placed an order recently. They look like they have some good kits and equipment. My only issue so far is that you have to enter a credit card number even if using paypal (worried about double-payment) and no receipt for my order or shipment yet (its been a week). I have sent a few emails to them with no reply either.

If I order online I like to get some response... for all I know things could be on their way, or my order could be sitting there ignored.

I'll post up if things arrive or I get some kind of response... otherwise this is just FYI.

I've had the best luck with my local northernbrewer.com - ok prices, although I have to pay tax... luckily they are 15 minutes away from me so I don't have to pay shipping.

Just some info on Perfect Brewing out of Wheeling, IL. Apparently there are more people who have placed orders with them and have not received any confirmation or responses for status on their orders. From what I can gather on one Chicago area forum is that the guy at PB is moving his inventory and is very busy. Too busy, apparently, to answer emails and voicemails. (by his own post on beer100.com)

I think those that placed orders will get their merchandise, but I am guessing it will take quite a while. I have tried to cancel my order so that I can purchase elsewhere with no luck.

I would stay away from Internet orders with Perfect Brewing until they get their act together. Its too bad, the site looks really nice and they have some good prices and kits.

Just an FYI...

Being new here on the Forums thought I'd post about our Local Homebrew Shop here.

Wichita Homebrew Supply

http://www.txhomebrew.com/

Serving North Texas and Southern Oklahoma
Sheppard Air Force Base Texas and Altus Air Force Base Oklahoma
We welcome all Military Members of the Armed Forces
If your stationed or serving TDY at Either Sheppard or Altus come enjoy and brew with us..No need to abstaine from the Hobby while your away from Home serving your Country
Just Outside of Iowa Park and Wichita Falls Texas
Midway Between Oklahoma City and Dallas/ Fort Worth
Hwy 287 North ( Heading towards Amarillo )
Exit FM 369 North ( Heads Towards James V. Allred Prison )
Take first Road to Left...First House on Right..look for Wagon out front

If Your New to the Area Stop By.
Part Time Shop Thurs-Fri- Sat ( Sunday...maybe..possibly )
But always available a phone call-away for emergencies
Most Saturdays Someone is brewing out there Your welcome to stop by and watch and learn or use the Equipment and split batches if your new and need Equipment. More than often or not you'll need up staying and enjoy a hot meal off the BBQ Grill.
Plenty of Fresh Grains and Fresh Yeast available. Grains Crushed Free while you wait.
Willing to Bulk Order for You.
Kegs and Bottles available

Sponsor of WORTS Wichita's Only Real Tasty Suds Homebrew Club
Sponsor of Bluebonnet Brewoff and Maker of Ken's Mega Tower

Anyone who has been to Bluebonnet Brewoff in the last few Years knows Ken. He has donated several towers over the last few years to Bluebonnet Brewoff for Raffle Saturday Night

Once you have been there you'll no why I wanna brag about Wichita Homebrew Supply..

I use NFG Brewing Supplies. http://www.nfghomebrew.com/. It's in Leominster, MA and is a great place to buy fresh ingredients or whatever equipment you need. I usually go 2 or 3 Thursday nights a month. That's the night people drop in with samples of what they have on tap and pretty good tastings go on.

Last week, a writer from Yankee Brew News was in to do an interview with the owner and to take some photos. Good time was had by all.

I placed an order with "Perfect Brewing Supply" on the ninth of March 2006. Haven't heard a thing from them since. They won't answer the phone and won't answer e-mail at all. Time to call the credit card company! Too bad, it looked like a good site, and only a four hours away. I mistakenly figured orders would arrive sooner. That'll teach me to reason!

Thats too bad. I used to order from them and had decent service. I havent ordered from them for awhile though. So sorry to hear they stiffed you. Hope you get your cash back.

I agree that Hop & Grape is good for us brewers in the UK. Good selection and it's the only place you can get white labs yeast. Plus their 'own brand' brewing equipment is pretty good.

www.keystonehomebrew.com

Located in Montgomeryville, PA, for all of the Philly Area brewers on this board. The guys there are extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and will go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need (without trying to sell you a bunch of crap that you don't need).

They also have online ordering, everything from beer kits to yeast and bulk grains to kegging systems. I don't know how their prices compare to some of the online shops, as I've bought all of my stuff there and never really shopped around, but it might be worth checking out for some of you guys (I think they carry some of the harder-to-find ingredients and supplies).

:mug:

-Josh

howdy all knowing beer people. i have a pdf file that i want to turn into an affordable label for 25-50 bottles. Any suggestions? Thanks!

[email protected]

JRGSPE73 said:
www.keystonehomebrew.com

Located in Montgomeryville, PA, for all of the Philly Area brewers on this board. The guys there are extremely knowledgeable and helpful, and will go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need (without trying to sell you a bunch of crap that you don't need).

They also have online ordering, everything from beer kits to yeast and bulk grains to kegging systems. I don't know how their prices compare to some of the online shops, as I've bought all of my stuff there and never really shopped around, but it might be worth checking out for some of you guys (I think they carry some of the harder-to-find ingredients and supplies).

:mug:

-Josh
Keystone also has a shop in downtown Bethlehem, in the same building as the Bethlehem Brew Works.... for anybody who is in or around the Lehigh Valley.

Perfect Brewing burned me as well. My first two orders went without a hitch other than they were slow shipping, its a 5 hour drive from Chicago to where I live, it was a full week before the orders arrived. My third order was placed during their move, it took 3 weeks to get that order. My last order was placed April 9th I got an email a day after I ordered it, they said my address was a po box and they needed a street address, which was bull I gave them my street address when I ordered, any way I emailed them my street address and they sent a reply saying the order would be shipped ASAP and that was the last I'ver heard from them, won't answer the phone or emails, I've turned MasterCard loose on them hope I get my $50 back.

www.americanbrewmaster.com Thanks to these guys I now have a new Refrigerated Tap System, not a bad prize. Real nice people and always willing to help you out.
3021-5 Stonybrook Dr Raleigh, NC 27604 New Store hours: Thursday 10am - 7:00pm (919) 850-0095

Friday, Saturday & Sunday 10am - 6pm

Well I placed an order with Austin Homebrew at about 3.... got a call from them 20 minutes later and at 6:04 already got a UPS tracking number.

Now that is service I can live with.....

Beer Snob said:
Well I placed an order with Austin Homebrew at about 3.... got a call from them 20 minutes later and at 6:04 already got a UPS tracking number.

Now that is service I can live with.....

Ditto.

I ordered an American Wheat and a Double IPA kit from them around 2 p.m. on Monday. Got a tracking number by 5:00, and, since I'm so close, got the order the next day. Not bad for free shipping on a 25 lb. package. ;)

My friend ordered a couple of kits from them yesterday and got his this morning.

With service like that, it's hard to justify driving 20 mins to the LHBS. However, I'll still buy my equipment from them as I like supported local small businesses.

Got this in E Mail today.....

Austin Homebrew SupplyNew Shipping Policy

Austin Homebrew Supply has been providing free shipping on all orders over $60 since 2000. We have maintained this policy for six years, even as rates and fuel surcharges have dramatically increased shipping costs. The cost of gas alone has more than doubled during this time.

We have spent a lot of time debating how to deal with this problem. Our solution is this: flat rate shipping. It’s simple. The shipping cost to you on every order shipped within the 48 contiguous states will be $5.99. We pay the rest. One clear advantage to you is that you will no longer have to keep adding items to get your total to $60. Order exactly what you need and only what you need.

There are exceptions. The flat rate only applies to UPS ground shipping. All orders using UPS air services will be charged the quoted UPS rate. All orders leaving the contiguous 48 states will also be charged the quoted UPS rate. APO/FPO addresses will be charged $5.99 if processed through your www.shipitapo.com account (required for us to ship to APO/FPO addresses).

Flat rate $5.99 shipping will begin at midnight CDT July 31, 2006. The current shipping policy of free shipping on orders over $60 will remain in place until then. Take advantage of this now.

Thanks for your all of your support in the past and your continued support in the future. If you would like to be removed from this list, please login to your account & uncheck the newsletter option in account information at Austin Homebrew Supply Account Newsletter. Or reply to this address [email protected] and request removal. Thank You!

What's the problem again? You can order a few ingredient kits with 15-20 lbs. of LME combined and only pay $5.99 in shipping. What a rip off..... :rolleyes:

Wonder what the shipping cost actually is... Guaranteed more than $5.99.

I don't know what the big deal is either. I compared prices and Austin may have had free shipping but thier cost per item is almost always higher than any of the other online stores. By the time I get done the cost is almost the same after adding shipping.

I cant say enough good things about Midwest Supplies, I'm fairly new to homebrewing, so the instructional CD they include for free was very helpful, and when I call to place / change an order they never fail to disappoint. They will even answer any questions you have regarding techniques, current batch problems, etc. Shipping is usually around $7.50, but they send it FedEx and it gets to me within 3 days (PA)

I'm just starting but ordered my first 3 ing. kits from TheHomeBrewery out of Missouri.Their prices seemed pretty competitive.I live in Alaska so shipping costs are always high.UPS & FedEx are way costly compared to USPS.This outfit went out of their way to get me the best rate by repackaging the products to fit in a flat rate box.It ended up costing about 8$ per kit,which is high but cheaper than the other guys.Anyways,the service was great and that counts for a lot.

Primary...THB German O'fest
Secondary...THB Trad.Wheat
2nd Secondary...Air
Next Up...THB Yellow Dog Ale
After that...THB Nut Brown Ale
Next To Buy....A Dunkelweisen
Drinking...Assorted ales and lagers
Thinking...Hurry up and ferment!

Does everyone who is living in MI... in the Detroit/Ann Arbor area know that Adventures in Homebrew moved a few weeks back. Saw the new store and it's real cool. Lots of room. They are like 5 minutes away from where they used to be.

Hi folks. Brand spanking new here as a member but I have been here a few times for the great info. Here's another shop. I buy my toys here but generally I buy ingredients from Northern Or Midwest because I know I can trust the freshness and besides, the selection of extracts (which I still sometimes use) isnt all that great. Anyway here it is.
http://southeasthomebrew.com/advancedsystems.html

SuperBrew said:
My local hbs is Maltose Express in Monroe CT, www.maltose.com. I think you can order over the phone from them, not really sure. The staff is great there, very helpful, the owners are the authors of "Clone Brews" Mark and Tess Szamatulski. The staff there will answer any questions you have, and they encourage you to call them if you ever have any questions again, I know for me that was great when I was just starting out.

Hey, nice to see another Maltose fan. Yeah I love the place, even though I just started brewing, the staff are all really great, the books by Mark and Tess are all that I am using right now. ROCK ON!! :rockin:

i thought that id add my fav shop...

Dan's Homebrewing Supplies! Small place out of Vancouver, BC.

Its weird how in Canada we dont have nearly as much home brew shops. Most shops here are all wine making, probably 90% wine and 10% beer. But the beer supplies are usually kits and VERY few shops carry supplies for all grain brewing.
Maybe its because im in Alberta?

So, i mail order all my stuff through Vancouver. Including liquid Wyeast. Dan's shop is great about shipping though, 2 day shipping, ice packs for the yeast. Plus he has whole fresh hops! The guy knows his stuff to...

Check it out! :mug:

Back