Too early for holiday ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobdozer

Reaction score
Just received my bb holiday ale kit. Planning on debuting it thanksgiving with an encore on Christmas eve with the family. It should come out between 7 and 8% abv. Should I brew it now and let it age in the bottle for about 6 months or wait a couple of months to brew so the beer is a little fresher come the holidays? A lot of people had said it takes some time to meld flavors, but don't want to risk waiting too long (not to mention having good beer at risk of me drinking it early).

Has anyone tried this kit? General feedback on taste, etc would be great

Yeah, brew it now!!! Just brewed a barleywine on Monday with hopes that its pretty good for Christmas... although the sample I just tasted was pretty good already...

The last time I brewed a spiced up "holiday beer" I felt like it peaked at about 6 mo. However, that was a long time ago before I really understood how much oxidation is possible during bottling:mug:

Back