Old Better Bottle with maybe year old sediment.. toss or keep?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixelmonk

Reaction score
I found an old ported Better Bottle with sediment from maybe around a year in it. I guess it was an old fermentation and the bottle had never been cleaned. Should I use it or toss it? I have cleaner. I just wasn't sure how much the plastic would absorb over a year's time and maybe make the next batch have off-flavors?

I'm guessing it will clean up just fine. The better bottle surface is non-porous so a good soak with PBW or strong oxyclean should break the surface tension.

It might take a few soaks...then rinse with white vinegar to remove any soda ash deposit from the PBW or Oxyclean

thanks for the quick response. It looks like it's coming clean in PBW. I'm going to disassemble the valve and check that out as well.

i routinely forget that i have oxy soaking in my better bottles for way too long than i probably should (don't walk by my basement sink to remember them enough), though they are nice and clean once i rinse them out.. glad to hear it is coming clean

Back