$10 Tap line cleaning system.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shooter...i dont have a beverage out connect. Do you happen to know what size i might be looking for??

How does your beverage line come out of the Sanke? I set my Sanke up with flare fittings so I could switch those lines over to corny kegs if I needed to. So, my hose ends in a female flare fitting and that allows it to connect to a standard black corny ball lock disconnect for cleaning. If your line is connected to the Sanke with a male barb fitting on the Sanke, you won't be able to do that.

That awesome! Did you use a poppet?

Yeah, the liquid-out post came with one installed. So all I had to do was tape up the brass union fitting, and screw it right on. Pump it up, connect to faucet line, and open the faucet.

How does your beverage line come out of the Sanke? I set my Sanke up with flare fittings so I could switch those lines over to corny kegs if I needed to. So, my hose ends in a female flare fitting and that allows it to connect to a standard black corny ball lock disconnect for cleaning. If your line is connected to the Sanke with a male barb fitting on the Sanke, you won't be able to do that.

ugh. i dont do homebrew right now, so it is a female barb into the beer line. if I knew the diameter of the sanke, i might be able to get a male barb and hook it into the pump and connect it to the beer line.

Yeah, the liquid-out post came with one installed. So all I had to do was tape up the brass union fitting, and screw it right on. Pump it up, connect to faucet line, and open the faucet.

Hmm maybe I need a new post then, the poppet on mine doesn't have anything to connect/spring to on the back side so it just is loose inside the post.Thanks

Ok that is the catch. You need to find a 3/8 compression fitting. The side the tubing usually slides into is the side you want. Take the nipple and nut off and the post will screw onto it. It is a weird size. I don't actually think it is the right size either, but with a healthy amount of thread tape and a wrench it works great and seals tight.

I used a 3/8 female to 3/8 tubing compression adapter. I took my post in with me and spent like 30 minutes trying every combination I could until I found something that worked. Then just get a hose barb that matches the other side of the adapter and you should be set. Mine is a bit different only because I had those other parts laying around.

Oh man...I just came home from Lowes. Unfortunately, I'd read the original post (Thanks, BTW!) but not this post. I just logged in to ask the same question (what size thread fits the liquid post?). I won't be cleaning my lines today... but thanks again for the great post.

The gray gas connector fits the carbonator cap as you mentioned. I use the flare fitting type of connectors, so it's a simple matter to switch out the black connector on the beer line with the gray gas-in connector. All of my beer lines are equipped with flare fittings on both ends. This makes everything interchangeable. It's also handy for making a jumper line for racking from one keg to another using two of the black liquid connectors. The black liquid-out connectors can be easily disassembled for a thorough soak and cleaning too.

I've been using this cleaning trick also. I wanted to let you know that if you file or sand down the diameter of the carbinator cap just a tiny bit it will fit the gas and liquid ball locks. I've done that with mine and it makes it much easier than having to switch the connector on the line you want to clean. There is only a small number of thousands of an inch difference between the gas and liquid posts, it doesn't take much to file it down.

I put a quick disconnect on my so I can switch between A Sanke and post :)

IMG_1493 (Medium).JPG

Back