$110 for 62 quart (15.5 gallon) pot?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaba

Reaction score
Someone I know has a pretty nice stainless steel 62 quart pot they want to sell for $110. Its practically brand new. Pretty sure its a Bayou Classic 1060. Is this a decent deal, or is there something better out there (other than a keggle)? I currently boil in a 7.5 gallon aluminum pot that came with my burner, would like something bigger.

I think I am going to go for this. It should be pretty easy to add a bulkhead/valve to this pot at some point in the future too, eh?

Did you make this purchase? What do you think of the pot? I'm in the market, and this one looks awfully tempting? Do you find the 20 gauge steel is too thin?

yeah I bought it. Its a great pot. Its pretty big, shorter and wider than a keggle. I think as long as you take care of the pot, the thinner steel won't be an issue. I definitely recommend it if you can get a good price on it. Have done many boils in it already, pretty much zero risk of a boilover for a standard 5 or 6 gallon batch. I did have to modify my burner a bit with a large bbq grill grate to fully support it since it is wider.

Back