Hose clamps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonefishing

Someday I'll stop procrastinating
Reaction score
What do you all use for tubing clamps?The smallest worm gear type hose clamp I can find is too big and actually makes my tubing leak if I tighten them up. I'm wondering if I should invest in some band types and the necessary tool. Someday not too far into the future my system will have 4 to 6 taps and I need to be ready for that without spending all my time chasing leaks.

Are you sure you're getting the smallest size wormgear - I have no trouble with mine. Look in the refrigerator fittings section of your local big box hardware store.

You should find some tiny clamps in the plumbing section at HD or Lowes. I also ordered a bunch last time I shopped from the online Home brew stores. Mostly because I'm lazy sometimes.:cross:

I get these from my lhbs...but I'm sure you can find them a a hardware store too...it's nice because there is no worry about rusting, of the fact that sometimes the screw is galvanized.

SNP-10.jpg

I had trouble finding them also. I do remember they were in a different section from the rest of the clamps. Near the hose barbs in my case. Like Revvy said not all stainless steel clamps are all stainless. I got some and they rusted after one brew, not cool. I found others that were stamped "ALL STAINLESS" and they were in fact all stainless.

3/16 hose on 1/4 barb. I put a worm gear clamp around the hose, just in case I saw leakage I could put it on with out having to undo anything, but I have yet to see any leaks. I believe the smallest Lowes has is 1/4-5/8 inch (Smallest I saw and bought).

Latest posts

Back