Pid Alarm user error or broken?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddahl84

Reaction score
Using Auber pid 2352
I just finished building a control panel and everything seems to be working correctly except when setting the alarm on the pid it doesn't trigger the buzzer that its connected to. Looking over and over at the wiring everything seems to be ok. I have hot connected to pin 13, then pin 1 going to one side of the buzzer and neutral going to the other side of the buzzer. When setting the alarm on the pid a little led comes on in the upper left corner suggesting it is working and i can here it click but why would the buzzer not go off? I have tested the buzzer separately and it does work. Am I missing something here or is the relay in the pid broken? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

image-2249344195.jpg

Might have something to do with both the process high and process low alarm outputs being tied together - have you tried it with just one alarm output connected? I've got just the high alarm wired on mine, I believe hot to pin 13, pin 1 to alarm, alarm to neutral iirc. How your diagram shows, the alarm will go off if either of the alarms is activated

dieselguy said:
Might have something to do with both the process high and process low alarm outputs being tied together - have you tried it with just one alarm output connected? I've got just the high alarm wired on mine, I believe hot to pin 13, pin 1 to alarm, alarm to neutral iirc. How your diagram shows, the alarm will go off if either of the alarms is activated

Yep I have tried it with it just connected to 13 and 1. Having 14 and 1 tied together is how I've
seen it on the diagrams so it does go off if either alarm is triggered.

So I finally figured it out. After days of looking at the wiring, pulling the pid apart and looking inside, I came to the conclusion that power wasn't going through the alarm. Checking the continuity from terminal 13 to the relay concluded that power was not flowing. A simple solder connecting terminal 13 to the relay fixed it all. The alarm is now working!
Thanks to the couple of you for brainstorming with me to fix this problem.

Back