Beer color.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L0nni3

Reaction score
I want to do a themes beer and I want it to be pink. Does anyone know a good way to do that?

Research more about Magic Hat Wacko. It's a commerical beer with a pink hue, possibly from using beet sugar... either late in the boil or during bottling would be my guess. Could be both.

I've also heard that using a small amount of Chocolate malt and/or Carastan 15 can lend a reddish hue to the beer, depending on how it's used.

How do the flowers affect the flavor of the beer? Would food coloring affect the taste?

Magic Hat Wacko actually uses (or used...not sure if the beer is still out there) beets to get a red color (not just beet sugar).

afr0byte said:
Magic Hat Wacko actually uses (or used...not sure if the beer is still out there) beets to get a red color (not just beet sugar).

About 3 years ago it was a crazy red color. This year its a blah red and is not nearly as good as I remember,it.
Id say some beet juice would die a light beer a nice pink color. I know it stains my counters

Huh, I believe one of the CYBI episodes talks about how they make Wacko (I don't think the episode was on Wacko...but it was in the intro or something). I remember beets being part of it. I don't know if a change in color is a result of a changes in the beets or what.

Back