What'dya know... Turns out bottle bombs arn't a myth...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boist

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Had 8 bottles of cider explode in my fridge last night. Biggest mess I've ever seen. Glass EVERYWHERE. These were bottles that were cold-crashed a couple months back and put in the fridge. Well, now that the fridge has reached 20C with the resent IPA fermentation, I guess the yeast woke up and went to town on the remaining sugar. Result: BIG mess, no cider left.

Oh well, already got more apple concentrate. Next time I'll make it a low-enough gravity so I can let it ferment out.
Cheers! :mug:

:) would have been, unfortunately I didn't have time to take any... But I can post pics of my sparkling clean fermentation fridge now!

I just had a Nut Brown implode in my bottle conditioning closet. First one I've had in over 20 or so batches. It's been in the closet conditioning for 4 or 5 weeks. Tastes great and I'm hoping it was just a rogue bottle bomb and the rest will be ok. Time will tell I guess.

Back