Happy Birthday Homebrewer_99!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd wish HB_99 a happy birthday, but I know the truth! HB_99 doesn't exist. He is part of a secret government conspiracy to infiltrate and dismantle the homebrewing movement in America.

Fact: Bush was elected President.

Fact: In his time as President gas prices have risen sharply, causing higher prices in grains and hops.

Fact: In his time as President, Bush has pushed for bio-fuels and ethanol in particular to help ease the gas crunch. This has resulted in grain farmers giving up raising precious brewing grains and growing corn for ethanol instead, again driving grain costs up and resulting in limited availability!

Fact: During Bush's presidency, a hop fire mysteriously occurred affecting hop prices and availability. The fire was claimed to be 'accidental' but there is overwhelming proof our own government was involved and that they set fire to our own hop farms!

Fact: During Bush's presidency, keg deposits all over the country have been skyrocketing, resulting in increased cost and limited availability of kegs to homebrewers!

Fact: I completely fabricated this whole thing to bust HB_99's balls on his birthday! Happy birthday you ol' bugger! :D :ban: :D

Happy birthday! In celebration, today would be the perfect day for me to tap the keg of hefe that I brewed from your recipe - I'll make sure to drink one (or more...) for you :mug:

Thanks everyone. :mug:

Orpheus: ROTFLMMFAO!!! Great wake-up call! Your "facts" may be true...but contrary to popular conspiracy theories: I am, therefore I drink. I drink, therefore I brew!! :mug:

Ize: Working on my second HW as I type...

evandude: Thanks. Let me know how it turned out. ;)

And a big sloppy "thank you" to everyone else...(by sloppy I meant...wet glasses...what were you thinking?:D )

I have 2 kegs in the kegerator and 9 in a holding pattern. Where's the party?

P7220391-0.jpg

In my short time here, HB_99 has risen as one of my favorite posters.
Happy Birthday and I hope that when you say you are close to retirement you mean that you joined the service at 18 and are turning 40.
God bless.

HB99:

Happy Birthday from the Motor City!!!! I am new here and had questions, you were nice enough to respond and help the new guy!!!! Hope your day was fantastic!!! Maybe you even spent it brewing. Hoo-Yah!!!

Cheers.

John

Primary: empty
Secondary: #1 Autumn Amber Ale
On Deck: Octane IPA

cha ngo said:
In my short time here, HB_99 has risen as one of my favorite posters.
Happy Birthday and I hope that when you say you are close to retirement you mean that you joined the service at 18 and are turning 40.
God bless.
Unfortunately (or fortunately), I was in the active Army for only 7 years and I've been a civilian since '81. I just turned 53, but currently have over 33 combined years Federal Service. I'll have close to or at 36 years when I retire since I'll be turning in over 8 months of sick leave for time. ;)

Thanks again to everyone. :mug: :mug: :mug:

Looks like a good one BierMuncher!

Back