Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my setup, fully functioning 3 tower 8 tap keezer setup. Still need to paint the base of the keezer and need to fill it with a few more brews.

image-278986365.jpg

Simple setup, but it works quite nicely. :rockin:

Go Giants!
4665-img-0116.jpg

Desperately Seeking Drip-tray:
4666-img-0119.jpg

Johnson A419:
4667-img-0120.jpg

CO2:
4668-img-0121.jpg

Full-size Cornie won't fit with the current Sankey setup...need to get a low-profile coupling sometime soon:
4669-img-0122.jpg

This is my awesome CL find. It's an older model Perlick kegerator. Found it on Craigslist, and the price was low enough to peak my interest. The owner didn't know the manufacturers name off the top of his head. (He was at work when we were talking) I made the 30 minute drive to the guys house, and as soon as I saw it was a Perlick I got excited. He plugged it in and everything worked! He had removed the tower and all hoses to use on a Coca Cola kegerator and didn't need this one taking up space in his garage. It works out because I would have swapped out the tower and hoses anyhow. It's in great condition, and I paid almost nothing for it. $40.00. Any ideas on where to find discount parts? (Tower, faucets etc.) I have a good friend who is a service provider for Perlick units so he may be the best bet. I can't wait to get this thing fitted!

Kegerator.jpg

Jaysus...$40 bucks for a PERLICK?! You, sir, are one lucky, fortunate son of a biscuit...:p

Kegconnections.com is where I'd try first-like I said in a previous post about online orders, those guys have the greatest customer service in the western world, and their prices are competitive as heck.

Jaysus...$40 bucks for a PERLICK?! You, sir, are one lucky, fortunate son of a biscuit...:p

Kegconnections.com is where I'd try first-like I said in a previous post about online orders, those guys have the greatest customer service in the western world, and their prices are competitive as heck.

I know right? $40. He was asking $75 but I talked him down to $40. I kind of feel like I stole it from him. Without being too judgemental I would say he was doing pretty well for himself, so I don't think money was an issue. He just wanted it gone. I am gonna check out kegconnections.com now. Thanks.

Finally made a good home for my kegerator, and cleaned up my basement where it resides- pretty standard kegerator, but dressed up an old work bench and made it into a bar.

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0449.jpg

DSCN0451.jpg

Here's the Hayes Brewing Company bar. Still waiting on a hammered copper backsplash and since this was taken we've added a curtain around the front and sides to cover the freezer.

DSC01515.JPG

Just about finished mine, I have a cream ale keg conditioning that I'll throw in it in a couple weeks, it's my first kegged beer. Can't wait!

All of my stuff is from keg connection also, but they sent me the wrong regulator (I got the std. but ordered the taprite) so I hope they get back to me soon to resolve that issue.

I built it with perlick taps, and I mounted a 9V adapter on the frame and tied it into the power cord so that I could run a fan to cool the tower. The cord then runs up through the drain hole into the fridge.

I also put a piece of 1/2" OSB under the plastic top and used construction adhesive to attach it to the top of the fridge. It provides an extremely solid mount for the tower. I also put rails on the top that I got from Ikea, and I have a drip tray coming from barproducts.com soon.

IMG-20110814-00273.jpg

IMG-20110814-00274.jpg

IMG-20110814-00276.jpg

IMG-20110814-00277.jpg

Just about finished mine, I have a cream ale keg conditioning that I'll throw in it in a couple weeks, it's my first kegged beer. Can't wait!

All of my stuff is from keg connection also, but they sent me the wrong regulator (I got the std. but ordered the taprite) so I hope they get back to me soon to resolve that issue.

I built it with perlick taps, and I mounted a 9V adapter on the frame and tied it into the power cord so that I could run a fan to cool the tower. The cord then runs up through the drain hole into the fridge.

I also put a piece of 1/2" OSB under the plastic top and used construction adhesive to attach it to the top of the fridge. It provides an extremely solid mount for the tower. I also put rails on the top that I got from Ikea, and I have a drip tray coming from barproducts.com soon.

Please come wire my kegerator...please? Q_Q

Finally have this built. Got lots of inspiration from others on this thread. Just an old beater chest freezer painted black with a stained wooden collar. Painted the other chest freezer I use for fermentation so it wouldn't get jealous.
kegerator1.jpg

kegerator2.jpg

kegerator3.jpg

fermentor.jpg

Hey fellas,

Swmbo bought me a kegerator off ebay for valentines day last year. It is the nostalgia electrics model. I read a bunch of reviews after she told me she had got it and they were all pretty negative. But, much to me excitement, all the the complaints were unfounded. It came with a a dual regulater not a single and it has an adjustable thermostat that at its lowest setting gets down to freezing (for those folks who want to chill all the flavor off their tatebuds:p). switched the fittings and the beer line and viola... its a pretty awesome kegerator!

IMG_1674.jpg

What kind of fan is that? I need to do something similar to keep my tower cool. It's no fun wasting a full beer to foam before getting a nice pour :(

Please come wire my kegerator...please? Q_Q

No problem, just pay for my return airfare to California and I will do it! It really wasn't too difficult though. I wanted the fan on all the time, so I just found where the power cord went into the fridge and tied into it. I soldered a couple wires to the 9V adaptor plugs and covered them in heatshrink, then soldered those wires to the power cord and closed it all up.

What kind of fan is that? I need to do something similar to keep my tower cool. It's no fun wasting a full beer to foam before getting a nice pour :(

I just used an AMD CPU fan I had lying around and bought a project box and a male/female connector from an electronics store. Total cost was about $12 since I already had the fan and the hose. I used a resistor to slow down the fan a bit since it was too fast and too loud, but now it's perfect.

countrygent73 said:
Hey fellas,

Swmbo bought me a kegerator off ebay for valentines day last year. It is the nostalgia electrics model. I read a bunch of reviews after she told me she had got it and they were all pretty negative. But, much to me excitement, all the the complaints were unfounded. It came with a a dual regulater not a single and it has an adjustable thermostat that at its lowest setting gets down to freezing (for those folks who want to chill all the flavor off their tatebuds:p). switched the fittings and the beer line and viola... its a pretty awesome kegerator!

Good to hear! My wife bought me a kegerator last year for my birthday and it has turned out to work out perfectly, not an over the top model but works great and looks awesome. I guess the real statement to be made here is good catch on the SWMBO! Not all guys are lucky enough to receive gifts like that.

It's still unfinished... fully functional, but ugly. LOL

Image is thumbnail so I don't blow up page with my image. LOL
Click on image if you want to see a full-sized pitcture.

I've got plans to basically skin it in wood (with room for air to flow around freezer body). I was going to move taps to a coffin box, but realized that opening it would become a nightmare. Not just the weight, but with the wall behind it.

Here are a couple pictures of the new one I built this weekend...pretty much another shameless Jester rip-off, but I am damn proud of myself for building it with only two saws and a drill in my possession :mug:

I still need to figure out something for the chest part...

Few more photos here

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

This is my setup, fully functioning 3 tower 8 tap keezer setup. Still need to paint the base of the keezer and need to fill it with a few more brews.

I just picked up a massive freezer, 26 cubic feet and I want my build to come out something like yours. did you take build pics of this? it looks great from your photos.

runningweird said:
I just picked up a massive freezer, 26 cubic feet and I want my build to come out something like yours. did you take build pics of this? it looks great from your photos.

I have a few pictures i took along the way of my build. I will try to post them after work.

computer fans from RadioShack, BestBuy, etc.
They come in 120V (plug 'em in) and 12VDC - use an old phone charger or other wall wart.

Prevents the cold from stratifying, possibly freezing the beer in the bottom of the chest....while the upper areas (collars, towers) remain too warm.

easy, and highly recommended

computer fans from RadioShack, BestBuy, etc.
They come in 120V (plug 'em in) and 12VDC - use an old phone charger or other wall wart.

Prevents the cold from stratifying, possibly freezing the beer in the bottom of the chest....while the upper areas (collars, towers) remain too warm.

easy, and highly recommended

Right - but that particular fan in xoltri's setup looks unique - the hose is attached to the side of the fan. I'm wondering if it's a small squirrel cage design - and I'd love to know what make/model fan that is if it's not a typical peecee fan...

Cheers!

@matthewgardner, I really dont have any idea how to give teh advice on building that... i kinda built it as i went along..

But i guess first figure out how you want to place the kegs in there... that way you can get an idea of how much space you need in the fridge... from there i measured out how tall a bomber is plus 1 inch and split that for the three shelves... (the bottom shelves are half shelves due to the compressor and everything else under the fridge) it was a lot of measuring and tinkering... after i figured out those things, i went and bought finishing pine (1x2 = .75" x 1.5) for the whole thing. First started with the platform that the kegs sit on... (knowing how much space they needed) then build the middle arms that go up and the short ones to stabilized the shelf built at level...
then built the shelves...

Right - but that particular fan in xoltri's setup looks unique - the hose is attached to the side of the fan. I'm wondering if it's a small squirrel cage design - and I'd love to know what make/model fan that is if it's not a typical peecee fan...

Cheers!

Here's a closer picture. It's just an AMD CPU fan I had lying around, it's meant for 12V.

I got a project box from the electronics store, and the grey fitting is from the hardware store, it's some kind of PVC conduit fitting. I used velcro to attach it to the wall of the fridge.

Hope this helps.

IMG-20110815-00278.jpg

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good source to get small railing to put along the perimeter of the top of my keezer? Looking to add it to three sides (left, right, and back), and then put some bar mats on top of the lid to stack glassware. My searching has led me to foot rails and arm rest for the most part. Cheers!

Here's a closer picture. It's just an AMD CPU fan I had lying around, it's meant for 12V.

I got a project box from the electronics store, and the grey fitting is from the hardware store, it's some kind of PVC conduit fitting. I used velcro to attach it to the wall of the fridge.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll have to check into that. Looks fairly simple

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good source to get small railing to put along the perimeter of the top of my keezer? Looking to add it to three sides (left, right, and back), and then put some bar mats on top of the lid to stack glassware. My searching has led me to foot rails and arm rest for the most part. Cheers!

Rockler has a ton of hardware like this. Here's a wood version:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=5805

Hope this helps.

Thank you sir for the follow-up. Do you get much airflow through that hose? (I mean, if you unkink the hose ;) I'm just curious about having the hose exit radially on that style fan in such a tight enclosure...

Cheers!

Thank you sir for the follow-up. Do you get much airflow through that hose? (I mean, if you unkink the hose ;) I'm just curious about having the hose exit radially on that style fan in such a tight enclosure...

Cheers!

Seems ok, even kinked. If I open the top of the tower I can feel a bit of air coming through the hose, I'm sure that's enough to make the difference. I am keg conditioning my first beer which won't be ready for about a week and a half though so we'll see how well it works in operation.

Latest posts

Back