Bug flew in Wort!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binaryc0de

Torrence Brewing
Reaction score
Well while brewing tonight a mosquito landed in my boiling wort. I've had plenty of bugs land in the wort during the boil. So I'm not really worried about it but I'm just curious if anyone else has had this issue especially when brewing at night with a light on outside. guess I'll catch it during straining.

A Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman walk into a pub. They each buy a pint of beer.

Just as they were about to enjoy their beverage three flies landed in each of their pints.

The Englishman pushed his beer away from him in disgust.

The Scotsman fished the offending fly out of his beer and continued drinking it as if nothing had happened.

The Irishman too, picked the fly out of his drink, held it out over the beer and then started yelling, "SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT, YOU BASTARD!!"

:mug:

Not sure I would even notice a mosquito... I tend to be more concerned with leaves and tree branches.

yes time of addition makes a difference. Like hops, earlier adds more flavor, later more aroma

I brew outside as well, I try to finish up before the driveway lights come on. Moths are too chunky and mess up the mouthfeel.

A Englishman, a Scotsman, and an Irishman walk into a pub. They each buy a pint of beer.

Just as they were about to enjoy their beverage three flies landed in each of their pints.

The Scotsman fished the offending fly out of his beer and continued drinking it as if nothing had happened.

The Irishman too, picked the fly out of his drink, held it out over the beer and then started yelling, "SPIT IT OUT, SPIT IT OUT, YOU BASTARD!!"

I honest-to-god LOL'd.

Well done:rockin:

Slurm said:

The wife and I got a good laugh out of this. Thanks for sharing!

The last time I brewed, I had one beetle commit suicide right into my cooled wort. Darn it! Why couldn't it do that while the wort was still boiling?!? I just said **** it and the wort went to the fermenter. Bob is drinking that beer right now, BTW. (Yes, it's 9:00 AM here but it's also 90 degrees!).

The last time I brewed, I had one beetle commit suicide right into my cooled wort. Darn it! Why couldn't it do that while the wort was still boiling?!? I just said **** it and the wort went to the fermenter. Bob is drinking that beer right now, BTW. (Yes, it's 9:00 AM here but it's also 90 degrees!).

What the hell Yooper. You got on me a while back when I thought a little snot got into my wort and I joked that I'd still be serving it to friends. Now you're serving that to your husband? :)

Latest posts

Back