Homebrewing has ruined dates with my wife....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllisTX

Reaction score
My wife and I don't get to "go out" too often. We have two awesome kids that are almost 4 and 20 months. Pre-Christmas(my homebrewing beginning) I would go just about anywhere if she wanted to when we got a chance to spend some time alone. We found ourselves kid free last night and everytime she would suggest somewhere I would answer, "No, their beer selection sucks". We finally agreed to eat at a BMC dominated restaurant and then we headed to a pub with about 70 different beers. It all worked out in the end, but damn I'm difficult now.

HAHAHA I am the same way. For Valentines day I wouldn't take her to this place she wanted to really go to because their "craft" brew was Sam Adams. I simply told her "I can't drink hard alcohol so you can drink everywhere... I can't"... kinda understood, but then the dinner cost me $225 because of my "requirement"... Not sure who won that battle

HAHAHA I am the same way. For Valentines day I wouldn't take her to this place she wanted to really go to because their "craft" brew was Sam Adams. I simply told her "I can't drink hard alcohol so you can drink everywhere... I can't"... kinda understood, but then the dinner cost me $225 because of my "requirement"... Not sure who won that battle

Ouch. As long as you got a good beer I guess it all comes out in the wash. The bar we went to is awesome. I got to watch the bartender make a young college student squirm when he called the kid out for ordering a bud light. "We have 75 beers here and you're ordering that crap?!" Priceless.

I think it's personally reasonable. Part of a great meal is having something great to drink, and if I can't have a good beer then it's really not good meal for me.

Ouch. As long as you got a good beer I guess it all comes out in the wash. The bar we went to is awesome. I got to watch the bartender make a young college student squirm when he called the kid out for ordering a bud light. "We have 75 beers here and you're ordering that crap?!" Priceless.

Awesome :rockin:

Dick move on the bartenders part, but just awesome

Back