BeerSmith Folders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBHoss

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Where does the BeerSmith program store Recipe folders that I create? I'd like to back up all the recipes I've created but can't find the folders. They aren't in the main Beer Smith folder.

HBH -

They are actually in the recipes.bsm file. The file is basically a recipe database.

Also, you can copy the whole folder to a thumb drive and have it with you wherever you go.

HBH -

They are actually in the recipes.bsm file. The file is basically a recipe database.

Also, you can copy the whole folder to a thumb drive and have it with you wherever you go.

I copied all my brewing info and the BeerSmith program on to a CD then loaded it all onto an old notebook I'm going to keep out in the brewery but all my recipes didn't show up after I loaded everything onto the notebook. Do I have to Import the files from a specific folder or something?

Try the import option under the file tab.

Didn't change anything. Under recipes I created sub-folders for business and personal brews and they don't show up on the other system.

EDIT: The recipe.bsm file has the same size on both systems. FYI Also of note, I put the CD into the drive on the original system and dbl clicked the recipe.bsm file and it opened with the same info that is on the brewery notebook. Something's getting lost in the translation.

Are you trying to run Beersmith from the CD? I think it needs to be able to write to the .bsm files in order to run. Try copying from the CD to your hard drive.

Eureka, I found it! It is the Recipe.bsm file but on a Vista OS system that file is not under the BeerSmith directory. I found it under C:/user/<user name>/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/BeerSmith
So I copied that file and loaded it on the Brewery notebook and launched Beer Smith and all my recipes came up. :ban: :rockin: :mug:

Back