Rugby hits... BOOM!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rugby players are crazy tough. The hit just as hard as football players, but with no pads, then drink all night. My father-in law was on the US national team in the 70's. He's had both shoulders and knees replaced...and is an alcoholic(recovering).

tuckferrorists said:
Do you think rugby players view the NFL the same way HBT-er's view BMC?

More like how Pride fighters view the WWF. Damn I miss playing. Rugby is a hell of a fun game, beats the hell out of football. Just little to rough on the ligaments.

BierMuncher said:
Cahones yes...

Grey matter...not so much.

At my university most of the guys on the rugby team were science majors. Not sure why they chose to play, but they were obviously smarter than some of the 'students' on the football team.

*Yes I am aware my av is footbal player*

The majority of the very good rugby teams are at ivy league and vary academic schools in the US and in europe. If you ever hear interviews with the international rugby players you would be suprised how intelligent they are.

I played for 4 years, tore my ACL and was done after the 6 months of rehab. I loved it though, much better than football.

My first year I broke 6 noses, knocked 2 people unconscious and literally tore a guys face away from his skull from above his left eye to just beneath his eye (peeled back). I'm only 5''6" 170 and would talk trash and hit the biggest guy on the field so hard he knew me and avoided me, they called me dr jeckyll/mr hyde. I layed off the assault until the third year and broke a guys jaw. I had issues for a while. Beer and talking a much better way to deal with stress.

knarfks said:
The majority of the very good rugby teams are at ivy league and vary academic schools in the US and in europe. If you ever hear interviews with the international rugby players you would be suprised how intelligent they are.

I played for 4 years, tore my ACL and was done after the 6 months of rehab. I loved it though, much better than football.

Sounds like my rugby career lol. ACL, LCL, meniscus.

But yes, we had a handful of pre med, guys on our team.

I played at secondary school. Fun in the winter in Scotland in the snow with the frozen ground. Took days to recover!

Back