What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't tried the Rogue hefe.. interesting.. I'm so flush with homebrew right now I can't justify buying any commercial beer other than for "research". :)

I'm sampling all 4 of my taps today..
IPA, cream of 3 crops, oatmeal stout (just kegged on Friday and carbonation is getting pretty close), and Belgian Saison.

Deschutes Brewery Inversion IPA.

It kind of reminds me of Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA. Sort of heavier body. Hoppy but not as aromatic as some other IPAs I've tried. Still a great brew.

Recommended by my buddy who owns a nice liquor store.

4eabb304.jpg

Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA deconstructed...been through the Simcoe, the Ahtanum, & the Hallertau Mittelfruer. EKG, Zeus, and the grand finale Latitude 48 IPA to go.

This is why I love SA...this experiment would cost WAY more than the 12er did & I'm sure their consistency on the base recipe is better than I could pull off. Awesome opportunity to educate my brewers palate a little. I have not brewed with all of these before but I HAVE designed PAs & IPAs w/ a combination of American & Continental hops & I love the interplay of the spiciness and floral character of the Euro hops and the resinous citrus of the domestics. Brings out a flavor you can't get with one or the other. Just another reason why I don't get the EAC bashing of breweries like Samuel Adams. Lovely!

Last night...
Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey Liqueur, on the rocks. I don't drink much hard liquor. This new one is dangerously easy on the palette. Keep it in the freezer.

Brand new. I'd read some reviews and it sounded good... mixed that in with the NH State Liquor store (tax free) and found myself with a bottle.

I've done JD shots in the past, but I won't drink bourbon on the rocks. This one takes away much of the harshness. The danger comes from the fact that, although I seem to collect bottles, I drink hard liquor about once a year (Christmas time).

Split a 750ml of my strong Scotch ale with my brewing buddy while we were bottling. We each bottled up a previous batch (~5 gallons each) we had brewed (two different beers)...

What we drank:
3857-wee-honey-ale-label-final.jpg

What I bottled:
3856-uk-brunette-ale-label-500ml-bottle.jpg

Put into [14] 500ml flip top bottles and [13] 750ml Belgian bottles.:rockin:

We tried that at my homebrew club last Saturday.. I wasn't expecting much, was thinking the Juniper was going to be overpowering - but I agree, it was quite good.
We had those and a few of the Longshots and the Beercamp beers won hands down everytime. In fact, I think it was because of the Lavender longshot one that we were hesitant to open the Juniper ale.

Drinking a nice glass of my Saison right now, wishing for some warm weather. It's not supposed to rain in May here, wtf.

PBR, bought with tip money.
last time I bought beer with tips was in 1989.
Kinda feels weird... but somehow, really good.

sitting on the stage just before the Lucinda Williams concert, Boulder CO, enjoying an O'Dell IPA :mug:

drinksatLucinda.jpg

TheWeeb said:
sitting on the stage just before the Lucinda Williams concert, Boulder CO, enjoying an O'Dell IPA :mug:

She makes my big toe shoot up
My boot.
Vanilla cream ale here...didn't think I would like it but I'll brew it again.

Back