White Film

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

branding-iron316

Reaction score
What should I do? Dump?

image-3483973325.jpg

I was thinking of wrapping the pump on cheese cloth or ssomething so the mung on the top doesn't get into the syphoned beer. Thoughts?

Or clear a hole through it to stick the siphon in so it doesn't get on whatever you put on it to filter things out as you siphon...

Wow, some people don't get a pellicle like that on their sours when they are trying.

Taste test it. If dusty; then its probably mold.

I really like experiments, so if it doesn't taste like poo, I would bottle it up and let it sit for a while.

But, if you do this, store them somewhere with a lid. Contained space. Rubbermaid cooler on the garage or unfinished basement-floor, comes to mind.
to the OP: the reason to do this is to control bottle bombs. if you bottle too soon and the bugs in there aren't done fermenting, they might keep going inside the bottle and build up pressure to the point of explosion. if you have the bottles inside a plastic container at least that will limit the damage they cause.

alternately, let that thing be for a few months and give it time to do it's thing.

You definitely have to try it then if its been sitting for a year, if horrible dump it or you could have something really good! Good luck!

i have two carboys souring with flanders red and i dont have penicillin like that, im kind of jealous

Back