What other hobbies do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevokie

Reaction score
Just curious what other hobbies/obsessions do you have?

If I had the time and space, I would garden with lots and lots of tomatoes. I would also get into guns and such if I had the funds and again the time.

Aside from Beer.. I'm getting into building CNC machines. I built a mini desktop mill for making pcb boards or small parts. Now I'm building a 3' x 6' CNC router for woodworking.

When weather and lift access permits, I'm a big fan of downhill mountain biking.

I love fly fishing and fly tying. Gets me outside, away from fermenting experiments.

Besides brewing?
i collect older video gaming equipment, Cooking, Home theater (projection stuff), i have another job as well. Building random stuff.
Collecting beer, Collecting music/movies. Traveling when i can. Irritating the SWMBO with new adventures. Computers are high on my list as well (i work in tech support too, hah).
Thrift shopping... hrm... too much stuff :S the list goes on and on and on

Mtn bike, road bike, ski, hunt, considering getting into hydroponics after seeing my brothers set up, complete with 12" trout.

Coffee? Please explain... Roasting? Brewing?

I'm looking into roasting, and want to pick up a couple different vacuum pots (because they make great coffee and look fantastic).

I'm also big time into coffee.

I roast my own and have a pretty fun home espresso setup. I have an extra hottop B that I am considering selling which is a nice little drum roaster.

I'm also big time into coffee.

I roast my own and have a pretty fun home espresso setup. I have an extra hottop B that I am considering selling which is a nice little drum roaster.

I was probably going to start with the Behmor, having heard some good things about them... After a while, perhaps trading up to the hottop.

I was probably going to start with the Behmor, having heard some good things about them... After a while, perhaps trading up to the hottop.

Behmor is a nice little roaster. I had one for a while and got some terrific roasts with it. It lacks control but has great consistency. You can adjust batch size to alter the roast profile a little which is a handy trick. Get some good beans from
Sweet Maria's an you'll be off to a great start.

other than brewing, which I've only been doing for a short time, I have a project bike a 1980 Kawasaki KZ750 I'm turning into a cafe/streetfighter style bike.

Duck hunting, fishing, Competition duck and goose calling, bodybuilding, building things, training labs for hunting

Photography, BMX, getting into some freestyle MTB stuff, riding my chopper, motorcycle road racing, cooking, a bit of home improvement, traveling, a little bit of mainstream sports thrown in for fun too.
I keep things diverse and random. Keeps things interesting.

I work out but that's not really a hobby. I've dabbled in writing music off and on for the past 13 years. I'm not very good because I don't commit enough time to learning music theory, learning to play instruments, or learning the composition software. I read a lot. I like cooking but I mostly only cook for function (my weekly diet) instead of as a hobby or art form.

Aside from home brewing, I have been smoking and collecting cigars for about 8 years now.

I also watch a lot of movies. I don't know if that is a hobby or just laziness at it's finest :mug:

Let's see... Other than homebrewing my hobbies are hunting, photography, music festivals and flying. Of all of these, homebrewing is by far the most affordable.

Brewing, Triathlon training and racing, Mountain biking, Guitar. I have tons really but those are the ones that I am focused on currently.

I like my motorcycle and I am trying to get into restoration of things equiptment to sell to make some extra cash. Oh and my wife and 3 kids keep me busy also.

Knitting and spinning. You think you spend a lot on beer stuff, boy lemme tell you ...

The guys at my hbs think it's hilarious apparently.

CNC plasma cutting, scuba diving and machining. I do a fair bit of ornamental iron and some art welding as well as yard art from the plasma table. I got into beer just this christmas so I am a newb for the time being. I have been reading and studying and have the first batch in a Mr Beer fermentor for about 2 weeks already. I hope to bottle it next week and drink it sometime next month. I have already upped the anty bu getting a 6.5 gallon fermenting bucket and have bought the ingredients for an extract hefe. All I need to do is get busy and boil it up and pitch some yeast. By the time it is ready to come out I will have gotten enough bottles to transfer it and condition it for a good bit. I'm new, but having a blast so far.
Bob

I do a lot of camping in the summer months, nothing like a homebrew by the campfire. I also like riding quads, playing the PS3 & coaching my sons little league baseball team.

Stamp Collecting! Anyone else get excited about this? Woohoo!

columbian-expo.jpg

Luckily for me SWMBO just went back to school for another degree so I can just rationalize all of my hobbies as a way to keep me out of her hair. In no particular order: paintball, running, pickling stuff, gardening, aquariums, linux, guns.

Hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, taking my 1000RR to the strip, etc....

a little old, but no sense in starting another thread on this topic.

I'm a dad and husband first and foremost. A mountain biker second. All other things shift in and out of importance. Home brewing currently holds the number three spot. I've always enjoyed the creative side of cooking and baking. Working with baking yeast was what first got me interested in brewing. Mountain biking, food, and beer have always seemed to go hand in hand for me, so I really enjoy this more recent hobby of home brewing. There's nothing better than hitting the trails and coming home to some of my own pulled pork between some of my homemade buns and home brewed beer.

My Evo VI; My Integra; My Bass Guitar; Hockey; Mountain Biking; My Kids

In no particular order mind you

oh and painting Warhammer 40k figurines

Back