flavoring BMC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsoda

Reaction score
Have any of you flavored cheap beer , or turn a bush light into a dark lager
using speciality grains or malt extract and hops? i have been trying to do this but no success... so far the only thing thats drinkable that i have made is adding my test samples to a bush or bud light to bring up the flavor...

My pipeline is incomplete so im still buying beer but i want somthing with some flavor.

I figure ill catch some crap for this one ... but o-well

I guess I don't really understand why you are wasting time and money on trying to make a turd smell good.... There are plenty of great commercial beers out there. If you need something good to drink by one of those and leave the BMC on the shelf.

Just some suggestions..... Look for anything by Avery, Rogue, Stone or the Great Divide.

i would love to , but at $10 a six pack , i just cant afford to buy the "good" stuff. ... thats why im making it.

Not sure where you're located, but Boulevard Brewing of KC, MO makes some pretty mean brews.... and they're about 6 bucks a 6er.

i just had a 6er of bulavard wheat and i though it was bland in flavor.. .to no flavor at all, whats there best? ... i have tried lots of new beer , if i havent tried it i buy it... but i would like to retire someday... beer fund is larger than my wallet.

but back to the subject ... has anyone tried this? I cant be the only one?

One can BMC + 1 tsp instant coffee = stout

Seriously, invest in a bottle of hop oil. One or two drops can make a big difference. I also use it in Pales and IPAs that have been around a while and have lost their aroma.

hop_oil.jpg

Freshops.com

Depending where in the country you're located, you could try to find Yuengling's. When I lived on the right coast, a rack of pint cans of their Black&Tan was under $10. And it was an order of magnitude better tasting than BMC.
Of course, that was back when literally your only other choices were BMC/PBR/Nat'l Bohemian, Sam Adams, Harpoon, Pete's Wicked and John Harvard's Brewhouse.

Not sure where you're located, but Boulevard Brewing of KC, MO makes some pretty mean brews.... and they're about 6 bucks a 6er.

I'm a big fan of Boulevard, they finally started distributing in Texas. Although its only the wheat, pale ale, and lunar ale. I'd like to get my hands on a sixer of the Bully Porter.

As to the OP, why are you trying to make chicken salad out of chicken ****?

Find a store that rotates sales. My Lbs this month had 12p of ipswitch ipa for 13. Not my favorite ipa, but good and great for the price. Last month it was Victory sampler 12p for 13.

Depending where in the country you're located, you could try to find Yuengling's. When I lived on the right coast, a rack of pint cans of their Black&Tan was under $10. And it was an order of magnitude better tasting than BMC.
Of course, that was back when literally your only other choices were BMC/PBR/Nat'l Bohemian, Sam Adams, Harpoon, Pete's Wicked and John Harvard's Brewhouse.

I drink Yuengling Porter all the time it's my economy go to beer. About $6 a six pack.

Back