I think I have 5 timebombs on my hands...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zamial

Reaction score
Ok, so I pulled a bone head maneuver and am in need of advice...

I was kegging + bottling my pumpkin beers. This was a 1st for the kegging and I also decided that I would try to bottle condition 4.5 gallons in 3 Miller/Coors home draft systems. The kegging went fine.

Since, I was going to force carb the keg I had some beer left over and decided I would try some Muntons carb tablets. I added 4 per bottle per the instructions.

Well, SWMBO decided we were running out of time to meet her friends for dinner and without thinking I dropped 4 of these tabs into 5 beers that had priming sugar already in it! I capped them and on the way home thought to myself. Did I really just do this. I checked and yep I did.

I am thinking of slowly releasing the caps @ about 3-4 days and then recap them. Is this a good Idea? there are only 5 but I HATE the idea of dumping ANY viable beer! even 5...

thoughts?

Yes you can. This is one reason screw tops are so nice, since you don't waste caps, but bottle bombs are *serious* business.

Latest posts

Back