I need good Podcasts!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
I've got this new gig that requires me to do a lot of driving. I've already got all of the Jamil Show, Brew Strong, and the Sunday Session.

Obviously that's enough beer podcasts to choke a donkey. Does anyone have any good comedy, science, music, interview, etc. podcasts? They need to be free cause I'm a cheap bastid. :D

I've got this new gig that requires me to do a lot of driving. I've already got all of the Jamil Show, Brew Strong, and the Sunday Session.

Obviously that's enough beer podcasts to choke a donkey. Does anyone have any good comedy, science, music, interview, etc. podcasts? They need to be free cause I'm a cheap bastid. :D

Can you hum?

It's called a radio. Turn it on. You'd be surprised what comes out of it.:D

Ok, here's the deal. I'm a music teacher and also play for a living. Many times I just don't want to hear music. I know that's weird but when you do it ALL day long you kinda just want to mellow. It's caused me to look for talk radio. I usually can't find talk radio that is actually interesting. :(

Ok, here's the deal. I'm a music teacher and also play for a living. Many times I just don't want to hear music. I know that's weird but when you do it ALL day long you kinda just want to mellow. It's caused me to look for talk radio. I usually can't find talk radio that is actually interesting. :(
Well then, try reading as you drive. I'll bet you keep the other drivers on their toes and will return here with many stories to tell.

Well then, try reading as you drive. I'll bet you keep the other drivers on their toes and will return here with many stories to tell.

I've done the "books on tape" thing. Not that interesting and I usually zone out a little then have to "rewind"! :D

I don't know if you want more brewing or podcasts in general..but I really like the Australian homebrewing podcast CraftBrewer Radio

It's actually the oldest one around..it started as an australian radio show, like 10 years ago...if you hunt around you can download some of the old ones as well..

here's where the older ones are, plus some great articles...I thin the Aussies have pushed a lot of boundaries in homebrewing...Australian Craft Brewing

Living on the border with Canada, I actually get better signals from canadian public radio than I do with the american public radio station in Detroit..the CBC has several channels of talk and music programming including French Language. And live concerts...most of the stuff is available as downloaded podcasts.

Podcasts | CBC Radio

I'm also a big fan of Radio Ireland (I listen to those streams online) and they have podcasts of many of their programming as well...a mix of talk and music too...

RTÉ Radio Podcast

Sound Opinions
NPR Morning Becomes Eclectic
NPR Science Friday
Car Talk
In The Groove, Jazz and Beyond

all available on iTunes

Thanks guys. I'm gonna download a couple of each of those mentioned and see what happens.

Revvy, thanks for the Austrailian homebrew podcasts. Can't get enough brewing podcasts. :D

Back