What are you getting for Christmas (Beer related)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontman

Reaction score
My wife and I tend to shop for ourselves for Christmas. It started almost as a joke years ago and now it is just what we do. I did my shopping this week.

(I got exactly what I wanted!! Yay!)

Bayou Classic SP10
Brew Like a Monk
1 55 # domestic 2 - row
1 55# Belgian Pils

plus to round it out I went to the beer store and bought the following:

6 each
Chimay Red
Chimay Blue
Chimay Triple
SN Celebration
Duvel Golden
Corsendonk Abbey Brown

This is the first commercial beer I have purchased in 6 months.

Buying your own christmas gifts? Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Would be nice though. Me and the wife decided instead of buying each other gifts, we just bought a wii fit. Same sort of thing I guess.

ANYWAY
What I had on my xmas list.
Better Bottles
2 Perlicks
secondary regulator
2 shanks and nuts
Trappists and Belgians from Jungle Jims
misc.
We shall see what the day brings!
I'm going to guess none of the above :(

Wife got me a 10 gallon rubbermaid cooler which I'm sure you know what I will be using for ;), along with a beer related gift which is still undisclosed.

A refractometer and a subscription to BYO.

I told my wife that I wanted a barley crusher but she said she didn't know what that was so I probably won't be getting that.

Well, mine has been sitting in the living room for the past couple of days. SWMBO asked me to send her an email with my list. I sent her several links to Austin Homebrew. Better Bottles, bench capper, bottle tree, etc. The package came in on tuesday and there it sits still...

From my Parents:
2 oz. Cascade Hops
2 oz. Willamette Hops
6.5g Glass Carboy
Carboy brush
Carboy handle
Irish Moss
22" Samsung Widescreen monitor (its beer related because it was part of what my folks gave me along with the other beer stuff)

From SWMBO
Black Lager kit (Schwarzbier)

My family and I did gift exchanges already.

bayou classic, thats it. ****ing economy. we pick out our own gifts too, maybe people in my family are just bad at picking out gifts, but when its a surprise its always a bad surprise.

My wife and I do a few "small" gifts that eachother dont know about. Hers are always much more elaborate than mine but that keeps me brewing and our after hours life spicy. A win win situation in my book. we have been married for just over 11 years. That said I will be getting a pair of brewmometers and a digital temp regulator along with all the hops for the Pliny clone. It will be a Merry Christmas indeed.

My wife and I tend to shop for ourselves for Christmas. It started almost as a joke years ago and now it is just what we do. I did my shopping this week.

(I got exactly what I wanted!! Yay!)

Bayou Classic SP10
Brew Like a Monk
1 55 # domestic 2 - row
1 55# Belgian Pils

plus to round it out I went to the beer store and bought the following:

6 each
Chimay Red
Chimay Blue
Chimay Triple
SN Celebration
Duvel Golden
Corsendonk Abbey Brown

This is the first commercial beer I have purchased in 6 months.

We are doing something similar this year, and I have already got all of my goodies (at least the ones she knows about) I bought myself a GPS this year (non beer related), a kegging setup and have now expanded to 2 cornies and soon to be three, and have 15 gallons of beer kegged 10 of which will be ready this week.

She is taking care of herself as well. What she doesn't know is that Santa is going to bring her an Ipod touch for being such a naughty, er I mean nice, girl :ban:

I'm not much for getting gifts, I don't like surprises usually they are the unpleasant kind. Although for the anniversary she had some boudoir photos taken, and thats the gift that keeps on giving ;)

I have no clue....the anticipation is killing me. I know swmbo got me something from Austin Homebrew because she made me give her my free shiping code. I also know she got me something from my LHBS, because she had to get directions to where they are located from me. She also went to my fav. bottle shop tonite, but won't give any clues as to what she got me....grrr....i wanna know. I want to brew another batch, but I kinda want to wait until after Christmas so I can play with whatever new toys I have.

shirron_wort_chiller.jpg
for home brewing. i bought it two days ago from ahs with thier awesome special on it.

I asked for books. Designing Great Beers, Brewing Classic Styles, Brew Like A Monk, and Clone Brews. I'd guess I"ll get two of them since we don't really spend a ton on each other.

My real presents are in the form of "future brew days" where she takes the kids somewhere for half a day...

Merry Christmas to me!

1. Barley Crusher
2. 1-50# bag of GW 2-row
3. 1-50# bag of GW Pale Ale malt
4. Splitting a bag of 60L
5. Splitting a bag of CaraPils
6. Brass 1/2" QD's for march pump project

My bday is early February, so I'll be ordering a March pump from B3 in mid-January. This will complete my 10 gallon AG system for most of the year. I plan of focusing my brewing efforts on MAKING beer (go figure!).

Probably nothing. :(

My wife asked for ideas and suggestions for her and other family and I gave her a bunch. All beer related. ;)

She said I had to have something else of interest. I thought about it for a moment then said no. She will not relate my suggestions to anyone since they are too narrowly focused.

:mad:

ARRGH Don't you hate that! Honey, what do you want for christmas, people want to know things that you'll enjoy since they're spending their money on them. Oh, i want this this and this, Oh honey, Even though those are the things that would make you the most happy and be the best money spent form others, I'm not going to give peole such ideas as beer stuff. They'll think you're an acly!@

I really am not sure. It's either a Barley Crusher or a Keg Glove... either would be fine!

The wife originally ordered me one of these;

pilotComplete_blur.jpg

But 2 days after the order they called and said that shipping to the US would cost an additional $250.00 USD. So, we told them they could blackmail someone else and we ordered this;

BM_Front.jpg

instead. After chatting up sales about the assanine response from BBT they opted to drop shipping costs on the latter all toghether.

Sometime you just have to play these guys off one another to get the good deals.

:drunk:

I also got the, 'no-one want to buy you brewing stuff...' line. And now my wife keeps asking me why I look depressed. Maybe because I just spent a **** load of my money on a stupid present for you, but you don't want to get me anything that I want!!! [/bitter]

I got a Barley Crusher and a pet food bin to hold #50 of grain. (gift to myself). My gf got me an Agata Bench caper and some assorted smaller gifts. From the Rents I usually get a check so I will probably spend that on grains, hops, etc.... Since I will prolly be solo for the holidays I want to make a batch of some xmas beer.

WTF is up with peoples SWMBO's not paying attention to what their sig others want for xmas??? I know that it is "the thought that counts" and all that jazz, but that would be grounds for divorce for me, or at the very least I would be super pissed. I know that times are tight and stuff but to flat out refuse to get someone a gift because it is hobby and or alcohol related is just total BS in my book

happy holidays

Z

I have spent so much on this stuff since my birthday Nov 2 nd

my SWMBO said well I hope you know that you already have your christmas presents

is it too late to ask for World Peace?

:rockin:

I have no idea if the wife is buying me anything brewing related, but I did ask for a recipe kit. Also a pickup for my old guitar, and parts for my Mustang. Problem is, she won't know what to get without me picking it out anyway.

I got her a vacuum for her birthday and she loved it. Go figure. For christmas I got her a Wii Fit. She's been complaining about wanting to work out for a while, so hopefully this will be fun enough to keep her interested for a while.

I'm getting a bunch of beer and brewing books:

Standards of Brewing: Formulas for Consistency and Excellence
Radical Brewing
The Homebrewer's Companion
The Brewmaster's Table
Beer: Tap into the Art and Science of Brewing
Beer School
Microbrewed Adventures
The Brewer's Association Guide to Starting Your Own Brewery
Principles of Brewing Science
Brew Chem 101

Plus a Barley Crusher and a 10 gallon cooler. Yeah family members thought asking for a cooler for Christmas was weird but its something I'd only expect you guys to understand.

I will be getting myself a barley crusher just after Christmas and a few bags of 2 row, some specialty grains and food grade bins.

I wish I had parents like that. Mine refuse to spend a dime on anything brewing. I asked my dad to silver solder a valve on my keg. He took it to a welder and put the bill in my name! Thankfully it only cost $20 but he had the equipment to silver solder, I woulda done it myself if I wasnt 6 hours away at that point.

My girlfriend on the otherhand has gotten me a zune and pre-loaded the following podcasts:
Basic Brewing (vid and radio)
Basic Wine making
Beer School
Big Foamy Head
Craft Beer Radio
Good Beer Show
The Beer Report
The Jamil show

6.5, 5, and 3 gal carboys off craigslist for $30

She has also hinted that she is getting me a membership to the forum and asked what kind of beers I wanna make. I know I will be getting a stout kit as she loves the stuff and wants me to teach her to brew.

I think I have a keeper

I have no idea if the wife is buying me anything brewing related, but I did ask for a recipe kit. Also a pickup for my old guitar, and parts for my Mustang. Problem is, she won't know what to get without me picking it out anyway.

I got her a vacuum for her birthday and she loved it. Go figure. For christmas I got her a Wii Fit. She's been complaining about wanting to work out for a while, so hopefully this will be fun enough to keep her interested for a while.

:eek: WOW! That is some b@ls of steel you have there! A vacuum for her birthday and an exercise system (even though it is video game related) for christmas? I think I would be turning over half of my possesions in divorce court if I pulled that.

Kinda like the time my dad bought mom a steel fence post pounder, or the time he got her a fancy new calf puller for their anniversary... that was a ****ty party ;)

heres what i got already from my Santa G/F

5# co2 bottle
co2 dual gauge regulator
2 corny kegs
hoses..ball locks..

what is coming from her dad to me:

immerson wort chiller

what i bought myself for xmas
20 cubic feet fridge from craigslist

good xmas so far :)

I bought myself a 15 gallon Blichmann Conical, two 15 gallon polarware SS pots with all welded hardware, 15 gallon Minibrew MLT. I'm hoping for either a barley crusher or a kegging setup as well. Brewing books, t shirts, refractometer would be cool too...

Also, looking at a custom drop shotting rod from GBlanks Custom Rods. (I'm a big fisherman)

I got a barley crusher and already brewed a batch and guess what? My eff went up 10 points. YEEEEEE YAAAAAHHHHH

I'm fairly certain I am receiving AHS (or some similar place's) Belgian Tripel kit from my parents. I asked for the book by the DFH dude "Brewing Up a Business" from my girlfriend, and there's a case-of-beer-shaped present sitting on the floor of the shop from my sister.

I also just graduated college, and got a $200 gift certificate to the LHBS, which was the subject of another thread. I ended up buying ingredients for my English Mild and hybrid Irish Red/APA, a single-coil immersion wort chiller, and a 6.5 gallon glass carboy. Yippee!

Back