2nd Annual MVHBC Homebrew Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that a typo or is it moved to the 15th instead of 18th like the site says?

Tomorrow's the big day! Anyone else enter? I got an American Pale Ale and an IPA that I think is my best yet. The suspense from drop off date to scores is always brutal.

Tomorrow's the big day! Anyone else enter? I got an American Pale Ale and an IPA that I think is my best yet. The suspense from drop off date to scores is always brutal.

Your APA is going down!! :p

...in all seriousness, good luck :mug: I have an APA and a few others as well

Your APA is going down!! :p

...in all seriousness, good luck :mug: I have an APA and a few others as well

Bring it! :D Good Luck to you too. There should be a good turnout. It doesnt look like there's another scheduled competition in New England for the rest of the year.

Bring it! :D Good Luck to you too. There should be a good turnout. It doesnt look like there's another scheduled competition in New England for the rest of the year.

I think the New England Regional comp is scheduled for October 19th. Not sure why it isn't on the BJCP calendar right now, but it's listed as a MCAB qualifier for 2013, so I assume it's still happening.

Any idea when the MVHBC results will be posted? I entered a specialty cider.

there's usually blues n brews (FOAM, western MA) in august & NERHBC (BFD, Nashua) in October, I'm sure both will get added at some point, but other than those its dry til next year

judging just got wrapped up like an hour ago. I think they said within the next week but I'll default to thedude on that. all I know is what was in BOS and the winners of that (19B #1, 17A #2, 6A #3 IIRC)

There was an APA in BOS Krovitz, it didn't taste like mine so hopefully its urs. Briefly looking at the summary sheet for 10 all APAs seemed to score well tho so i dont think you'll be disappointed either way (32+ I think). I did at least 1 medal tho (gold in 23), so I'm ok with that

Dcp, any chance you happen to recall if a maple bourbon cider made the top 3 in cat. 28? ;)

There's also the southern new England regional HB comp in CT, In early October. .almost forgot about that one...

Dcp, any chance you happen to recall if a maple bourbon cider made the top 3 in cat. 28? ;)

yes, it won meads/ciders. was it really barrel aged? we didn't get any barrel character or bourbon in the BOS. very tasty tho

Sweet! Thanks for letting me know. It was barrel aged, but only for a month - didn't want the bourbon to overwhelm the cider. Glad you liked it!

The results are in! I didn't place. Thanks for the competition thedude123. I really appreciate that you guys put this on. Will individual scores be posted on our registration page or do I have to wait for my scorecards?

Thanks for the heads up on the other competitions. Hopefully soon I'll get a ribbon for my hoppier entries.

Chicken Feet Porter placed 3rd in Stouts and Porters!

image-1901056063.jpg

We are working to get individual scores posted to the registration pages sometime this week, so you should be able to see the scores before the scorecards arrive in the mail.

We will update when that is available. Thanks!

My scores are up on my registration page. Both my entries got a 33. Thanks again for the competition fellas. Can't wait to see what the judges said.

Just got the scores posted yesterday, thanks for checking Korvitz. Everyone's should be available now. PM me if your scores aren't showing for whatever reason.

We hope to make the online system even better next year and have the scores available within a day or two.

Thanks again to everyone that participated!

I saw my scores yesterday; I received a 34 for my Belgian Dubbel. I am looking forward on seeing the judges notes. Is there anyway to find out the scores in that category? I'm just curious to see how much I missed placing in the category.

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry, we can't share the individual scores. We try to keep them private between the judges and the brewer, and the steward who turns in the top three entries for their category.

Back