Pushing time frame for competition.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHBalanced

Reaction score
Alright, I need some input. I am unexpectedly able to brew my no longer black ipa this evening. This is also the beer I have been bummed about not being able to get into the State Fair as it has been judged the past 2 years. Knowing that state fair drop off is no later than Aug. 4th The problem comes in when I learned today that next tues - fri and all the following week I will be in Eau Claire for training for the new job. I could push the brewing timeline really tight as follows:

Brew tonight, est OG 1.077. Pitch notty (no starter but I can bloom it in warm water) in temp controlled fridge at 68 degrees.
Add 2.5 oz dry hop on Monday evening before I leave town.
Bottle Sunday the 29th.
Deliver to Northern Saturday the 4th.
This is grain to bottle in 10 days..........eek. But would have 3 weeks carb time.

I could brew tonight.
Dry hop Saturday the 28th.
Bottle Friday the 3rd.
Deliver Saturday the 4th.
This puts me at only 2 weeks bottled before judging AND there is always that slim chance of bottle bombs while sitting in storage at northern etc...

Thoughts?

Back