beer with a bit of cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciderguy

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using a gallon or two of fresh apple cider instead of the usual tap water in a batch of beer. just curious. I think I might try it, ill try and post results and a recipe if I come up with something good.

I think an english barleywine with cider added would be delicious. Make 3 gallons of Low-hopped, overly high gravity english barley wine and add 2 gallons of cider...

My buddy made an octoberfest with some cider which was very well recieved. I don't have the recipe and he's in Paraguay for 2 years, so.....that's just about all I know about the beer.

I found this recipe online. It's an apple ale. I plan to try it at some point.
Also check the recipes here for AppleBee. Just bottled my first batch and it taste great.

Apple Ale

This recipe is all-gran. For extract brewers use 6 pounds of pale malt
extract, .5 pound of honey and 1/4 pound of biscuit malt to steep.

6# Great Western 2-row
1# Vienna Malt
.5# Car pools
.5# Munich Malt

3/4 gallon of raw cider immediately after boil

1.25 oz Hallertaur - boil
.5 oz Hallertaur - 5 min

California or East Coast Ale Yeast

This is a basic light golden ale with the cider added at the end to give it
some kick and aroma. Maybe try an Apple honey porter, or an Apple wheat
beer. Cider lends an unique flavor to beer that blends well with dry,
not-too hoppy beers.

I did an Apfel-Weizen recently, with WLP380 for the clove. Came out nice. Not as tart as I would have liked. Did 3 gallon batch with wheat lme, let it ferment out before adding 2 gallons of applejuice.

Latest posts

Back