Need wiring help now!?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
I'm installing my Love Controller into my kegerator now, and Claudius B was kind enough to draw me up a wiring schematic:

Schnitzengiggle-TS2_1_.jpeg

Problem is, there was no discussion between us about the green ground wire coming off the original thermostat.

IMG_03961.JPG

So, the schematic tells me what to do with the white, black, yellow, red, and blue, but no mention of the green.

Do I assume that I just need to cap this as it is the ground to the thermostat, which the controller does not require because it is in a loop?

When it comes to electronics I am not the best at understanding their fundamentals, home wiring is simple.

Can anyone help me? I'd like to get this done tonight.

So, the schematic tells me what to do with the white, black, yellow, red, and blue, but no mention of the green.
Cap it, no longer needed or connected to any other part of the fridge.
If you look at the back of your fridge you will see the old thermostat ground wire coming from the chassis ground screw going directly to the thermostat wiring block.

keggy_012.jpg

Thermostat wires
keggy_007.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Thanks Claudius!

I looked for you earlier but you were not logged on, I figured that since the controller was in a loop, and on the low voltage side I did not need a ground, but funny enough all of the emails I have saved show that I ddin't ask the question.

Regardless, I'll have you know that the controller is installed (finally), and seems to be working great. I also added a fan.

While I have your assistance, if i were to wire the fan such that lead went to the compressor (blue) and nuetral to (well... neutral/white) would that make the fan cycle whent he compressor was runing?

I have it wired now that it runs constantly, what is your opinion?

Otherwise, a fellow brewer stopped by to help me with the soldering of wires, which in retrospect I think might have been unneccessary. He was very helpful, however wiht the amount of moisture in the fridge, I think that the wiring is not suitable (again, no defamaation to my help), as I wanted everything to be shrink wrapped and covered, but in our haste as we finished around 1:00am things did not come together as planned.

Wire nuts, and 1 or 2 soldered wires are what I have...

...any suggestions?

I will confess, I bought shrink tubing that was much too small...my bad!

Having said that, Claudius, your wiring diagram was balls on! don't hold me to this ( I am leaving my job to attend college, at 33yo, and have a grat paying job.. I just can't do it any longer!) but I plan on donating, not saying you couldn't use it...but dude your brewery is the ****!

Regardless, thanks for chiming in, but I could use some help on my wiring (attachment of wires) and how to conceal them within my kegerator. Have any pointers?:)

I have leant towards soldering, but wire nuts seem so much cleaner (funny enough).

Hope to har from you soon.

Back