goya mango nectar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougen

Reaction score
dont know if this has been done or in some thread....looked only saw beer that just it

anyone use goya mango nectar to make wine with...saw it at the local market and thaught nwow can i make wine with this stuff...only one way to find out

its a 33.8 fl.oz.or 1L -INGREDIENTS-water,mango puree,liquid invert sugar,modifield corn starch,citric acid,natural flavorand ascorbic acid

looks like no preservitives in so i am going to give it a try and see what happens gunna add 2 bottles for a gallon batch( will post what i used in a little bit0

any advice or if anyone has used this to make wine would be much obliged.
thanks for viewing and or helping

Have used mango puree like Goya, high volume loss due to lots of lees. Wine was nice.
Maybe use 2L puree and top up to one gallon with Welch's 100% white grape peach mango. Consider exceeding one gallon so you have extra for topping up as the pulp drops out.

well it started out at 1.030
made it 1.100 gunna dry it out to .995 and to vino calulator its gunna be 13.965% .....:drunk:

2-33.8 oz goya mango nectar
about 30 raisins
1tsp yeast nut
1/2tsp pctic en
1/2 tsp acid blend
1/2tsp wine tannin
dont know how much sugar just pour small amounts till i got to 1.100
have 71b-1122 yeast laying around so thats what im using
for a gallon batch and have exta to top off with

gunna rack every month untill it clears

My Mango Wine Before
ForumRunner_20130102_174205.png

And my mango wine AFTER.... and I did add glass marbles to top up the headspace, just had not done so when I took the photo, plus it still had one more racking after I dropped the temp on it for three weeks.

ForumRunner_20130102_174255.png

We have also used their mango juice and like Sara plan on loosing at least 30%, just get another bottle or two, make a 2 gallon batch and rack off the good stuff after its settled. If you let it go dry and the fermentation slows way down the pulp will compact a little more. If you have any Asian markets near you, they often sell mango puree, another good source of just plus pulp but you are going to make a lot extra anyway. Thier black currant also makes a good wine, and their peach is good to add to other white wines to add to their flavor. WVMJ

heres what it looks like when i made it.....they have mango-pear-papaya-pineapple-at the market...gunna have to get maore maybe mix all four..be a nice fruity summer wine

20130102_152215_zpsf33d0938.jpg

I used to have Oscars, mine got a foot long in a 55. WVMJ

Only have one Oscar in a 75 gallon 7 months old and about 8-8.5 inches...wine is bubbling away can't wait to try it

I dont think you made enough to get a gallon out of it after the less settle out, you might want to mix up another one so you get a gallon out of it. My oscars loved crayfish, their orange would glow when they saw the first crawfish being dropped in. WVMJ

Yaa I made some extra in a half gallon jug....wasn't sure if it would foam up to much gonna add it once it slows done....gonna need more gallon carboys thinking gonna make pear next

Its not much more work to do 3 gallon carboy, in case you actually make something good you have enough of it to enjoy while making the next batch :) WVMJ

Yes I know to make more but I make alot of 1 gallon batches so I do have enough variety to go around while I make more of what's running out

Well just racked it into a 3 liter wine jug that I get from a bar..fits nicely in there and little head space

View attachment 96289

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130124_052329.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130124_052329.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 206
Cool don't know how it tastes yet gonna hold back as long as possible....I have 6....1 gallon batches going now....all are bulk aging

Cool don't know how it tastes yet gonna hold back as long as possible....I have 6....1 gallon batches going now....all are bulk aging

Dougen....I really enjoyed at the six month mark, and had one bottle left from a three gallon yield at the 12 month mark. A very nice wine to say the least. I hope you enjoy yours!!

Thanks satanic was gonna try it at six months and put a bottle away so I don't try it for a year...I like mangos so hope it turns out....it still smelled like fresh mangos when I racked it

Oops damn word correct on the phone thanks saramc .....not satanic.....lol....my phone must be evil

Latest posts

Back