time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll go real std. ###REDACTED###

Edit: Not cool. He edited his initial post after several guesses. Next time you're giving clues, just create a new post! :ban:

My new guess will be rosemary stout. Why the hell not?

And wow, I could've sworn your post said "chocolate milk stout" before! I'm not a fan of the removal of the "edited by xxxxxx" tags. Now it looks like no post has ever been edited, though we know that is true! Oh well. Carry on with your cauliflower porter!

Ok, guys. Give a girl a break. I was busy with the baby... Came back, caught up on the tread and was like "Huh?" I didn't realize the original clue didn't give the category. And you must have caught the tread in the 25 seconds before I edited my own post. I did say chocolate milk stout... I made one a while ago and it didn't turn out, so that was my first thought. Then I thought broader than that.

barrooze said:
I guess I'll go real std. ###REDACTED###

Edit: Not cool. He edited his initial post after several guesses. Next time you're giving clues, just create a new post! :ban:

My new guess will be rosemary stout. Why the hell not?

What? I didn't edit anything. You need to cut down on the alcohol it's impairing your judgement.

Also, sorry no rosemary in this one.

And nobody has gotten there yet. Not even the base style, which I would accept as a correct answer.

Well considering the only thing you've told us is it's in 21A I'm not surprised nobody has the base yet. It's one of the most broad categories.

I did say chocolate milk stout... I made one a while ago and it didn't turn out, so that was my first thought.

That sounds really good! Was it a milk stout with a lot of chocolate malt or did you do it some other way?

What? I didn't edit anything. You need to cut down on the alcohol it's impairing your judgement.

:) Hadn't had a drink when I made that post! I don't know what was going on with the notification email then, since all that was in the email was the very first line of the post. Normally the email contains the entire thing. Oh well. Not a biggie.

Well considering the only thing you've told us is it's in 21A I'm not surprised nobody has the base yet. It's one of the most broad categories.

Isn't the deal with 21a (and 20a for that matter) is that the entrant must specify the underlying style. That means that this could be ANY style.

If we're guessing the underlying style, I'd go with American Brown (since it's apparently not a rosemary stout! :p ).

It was a milk stout with light chocolate malt & ghiradelli cocoa powder... In an attempt to make it like a whoppers candy, I used carnation malted milk powder too. It tasted great going into the fermenter, but fermented too high and got estery and maybe infected too. I'm not sure. I have yet to dump the bottles.

mcbethenstein said:
It was a milk stout with light chocolate malt & ghiradelli cocoa powder... In an attempt to make it like a whoppers candy, I used carnation malted milk powder too. It tasted great going into the fermenter, but fermented too high and got estery and maybe infected too. I'm not sure. I have yet to dump the bottles.

Sounds like your heart was in the right place though. ;) don't dump it. I had an Irish red I made in the summer that got into the 70s fermenting and it tasted like rotten fruit going into the bottles, and now it tastes awesome 6 months later

What's the time limit for the image poster to remain silent? It's been over a day since we've heard anything.

Boom. A spin on a BJCP style

ForumRunner_20120310_204957.jpg

HAHA no. And non-clue indeed. Poppins is SWMBO's favorite Disney movie. We got it at Disneyland and I got a Nightmare Before Christmas mug, my favorite Disney :)

It does sound good. But it's not correct :D

Hint: The style it's a spin on originates in continental Europe

Back