what brewers best kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spam

Reaction score
This weekend I will be buying 2 kits or extracts&hops (up to you guys)
I want to get one that will ferment and age very quickly so I will have some beer on hand. And I want one other that is a high gravity and full of hop&malt flavor,but not so high that it needs starters or a secondary.I will take my time with this one. I want to keep things simple for now. My lhbs only sells brewers best brand.

My favorite BB kits are the IPA, Imperial Blonde and Summer Ale - all make damn good beers IMO - just remember to ferment for 2 weeks at least but wait 3 weeks for better beer. Use your hydrometer to make doubly sure it's done working. Don't listen to their directions about fermentation time!

For the higher gravity beers go with the Russian Imperial Stout or their seasonal Holiday Ale which should be available now. Both are great but I would go with the Holiday Ale since it isn't around all year long. :rockin:

If you are looking for something that will be ready to drink quickly, look at something with a lower ABV. ESB or maybe one of the Wheat beers would be a good choice. Of course assuming you like those styles.

I brewed their IPA and was drinking it in 2 weeks. It definately got better with some age, don't get me wrong. If/when I brew it again I will do 2 weeks instead of one in primary, and wait two weeks for bottle conditioning as well.. That being said, it tasted good after 1 week primary, 1 week in the bottle. I think most here will tell you not to rush it like that though.

I brewed their IPA and was drinking it in 2 weeks. It definately got better with some age, don't get me wrong. If/when I brew it again I will do 2 weeks instead of one in primary, and wait two weeks for bottle conditioning as well.. That being said, it tasted good after 1 week primary, 1 week in the bottle. I think most here will tell you not to rush it like that though.

I got great results with 2 weeks on the IPA as well - 1 week is not enough time I think, but this beer was very good, very quick!

ok IPA or holiday it is for both then!!! thaks guys, I will keep you posted on the process.

Everyone has different tastes, but I find their Imperial IPA to be one of the best brews I've ever had. I do it ~10 days in the primary, 2 weeks in secondary and 2 weeks in the bottle. Have found a couple of commercial brews that tase about as good to me (Daisy Cutter out of Chicago, Ballast Point Sculpin), but not many. Was told Arrogant Bastard is comparable, but I think this is better.

The Rye P A is my favourite - so much hop goodness! It never fails to impress guests, either - when I let them have one, that is.

I'd get that, and the porter they've got. No starters needed for either. RyePA uses nottingham yeast, which is very easy to work with. Plus you get to dry hop!

Their IPA was my first brew, and it came out great. Also, the cream ale is ready fast, but may not meet your taste criteria. Brewers Best is very good, as long as there is a quick turnover in the store.:mug:

wow thanks for that guys ,,,sounds like any of the bb PA's will be good,,,that porter sparks me as well! :)

I've used BB quite a bit. The Imperial IPA is delish. My betterhalf loves the tripel. I heard good things about the Imperial Blonde so its been sitting in the primary for about 2.5-3 weeks now. I didn't care to much for their Oktoberfest but everybody else loves it. Make the holiday ale and let it sit as long as you can stand to...it is one of the best beers I've had.

Back