Just acquired two old kegs - brewpot ready

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

integrator

Reaction score
To make a long story short, I asked my buddy who used to brew if he had any carboys I could borrow or buy from him.
He dropped off:
5 gal carboy
6 gal carboy
4 cases of empty bottles
2 old kegs

I then remembered that I gave him the kegs years ago and had completely forgotten about them. An old coworker was some kind of brewmaster and gave them to me.
They have the tops cleanly cut out and have bulkheads welded in the bottom. All I need to do is attach valves and these should be good to go.

I'm going to use one as my brew kettle. I figure I could brew, use an immersion cooler for now, then drain straight to my 6 gal carboy for fermentation. I have the 5 gal carboy as a secondary (if needed).

Any use of the second keg that anyone can recommend? No, I'm not going to give/send it to anyone ;)
If I end up going all-grain, I assume there might be a use there?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

:D <-- I am green with envy yet happy for you

Seriously need to get off my ass and grab a keg off Craigslist for $40 and make me up a keggle. Oh well, I bought two new cornies today, that's something.

Latest posts

Back