Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bboyeruga

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So....I was going to wait until my house is built to start brewing, but I just can't. I've done about two months of research and reading, but I want to get a jump start on brewing. I'm thinking I get a full size pot (see link below), but only do 1-3 gallon experimental batches until my house is built (4-5 months).

1. Thoughts on this Kettle? I don't want to buy something and then buy something bigger in 5 months. Money isn't really an issue (to an extent).

2. Thoughts on the idea of doing smaller batches until then to fend off the itch I've had since I was old enough to pop the cap off a beer?

Looks like a nice kettle at a good price. I wouldn't go any smaller than 7.5 gallons. 8 is a nice size where you'll be able to do some extended boils if you want. A full size kettle like that will work great for 5 gal all grain if you choose to later. Nothing wrong with doing smaller batches, but for the most part, it's barely any more work to do a full 5 gal batch.

Most of all, WELCOME TO THE CLUB!! It's a great hobby!

Yeah, I know the effort isn't much greater, but it's about the storage space at my current apartment (and roommates who don't want the equipment all over the place).

Yeah, I know the effort isn't much greater, but it's about the storage space at my current apartment (and roommates who don't want the equipment all over the place).

The roommates don't want to brew with you? You can store all of the equipment you need in your bedroom (sans the propane/burner). I hope you included a "beer shed" in your new house plans.

The roommates don't want to brew with you? You can store all of the equipment you need in your bedroom (sans the propane/burner). I hope you included a "beer shed" in your new house plans.

Haha no...Not big beer fans. I don't have a shed, but I'll have plenty of garage space as well as a spare bedroom!

Back