Brew Buddy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasAggie

Reaction score
image-1380374744.jpg

Who do you brew with?

Usually my 5 & 4 year old, they love the foam snake as its going into the fermenter! Cute pup!

Brew day is a family event here usually followed by a BBQ. We get out the chairs and all 5 of us (me, swmbo, and the three kids) hang out in the front yard for half a day. Sometimes the neighbors make their way over when they see we have the homebrew flowing.

I love the solitude of brewing so I try to have nobody around when I brew. It's my decompression time and I don't need to have somebody yakking in my ear while i relax.

corkybstewart said:
I love the solitude of brewing so I try to have nobody around when I brew. It's my decompression time and I don't need to have somebody yakking in my ear while i relax.

Me too! Solitary time with some music.

Yup, I brew with my dog only, and SWMBO brings me snacks sometimes (if I'm lucky). She thinks my brew room is too dirty and doesn't like going down there.

Usually I'm by myself. My wife will help (if asked nicely) but generally doesn't volunteer on brewday (but she always helps bottling ). Its my peaceful time :mug:

Oh...sometimes the cats check in on me to make sure nothing I'm doing is edible

+1 Maybe some music, or a ball game on the radio

Although my brother has hung out with me while brewing, but he's quiet.

I was brewing with a friend at his place, but he didn't want to brew there anymore (I suspect his SWMBO had something to do with it.) Now I brew at my parents' house with my dad, and my friend comes every few batches. I get a lot of good stories out of my old man after he's had a few beers.

I have to do the whole lot myself the only thing that Mrs Wolf (the grumpier) has anything to do with my brews is drinking it.

The hubby & I brew!
It's a Team Event.
But we always have these special one's close by!! ;)
The Watcher & Protector....

IMG_7989.jpg

The Fat Boy......
IMG_7980.jpg

& this little one, she's the one who goes to the LHBS with us!! ;)

IMG_8152.jpg

That's only part of the clan... We have 4 cats to accompany this clan!

PS - you guys should check out our latest brew... it was our 2nd... It's in the Beginners Forum - A Couple of Noobs 2nd Brew - Belgian Triple Nipple ;)
Just trying to get some experience & we are already loving this hobby!! ;)

Peace. Love. & Beer!
:mug: CHEERS!! :mug:

My brew buddy has been helping me since he was just a few weeks old. Now he's almost 6 months and he helped me brew his 6th batch last weekend!
img1015wb.jpg

image-1213706162.jpg

Hoping this little guy will be my brew buddy soon! He likes to watch from the window, but I'm hoping he starts helping out when he gets a little older.

I brew alone so that I don't have to stop and explain or justify what I'm doing.

I usually brew alone with my dog. I dig putting on my tunes and cruising through a brew day. I used to invite people over but I got tired of having everyone stand around and drink my beer and not offering to do anything to help.

I brew alone. My wife will come and chat about stuff if shes bored but ussually leaves me alone. My sister helped me brew twice which was nice since she was eager to help and i had her clean everything lol.

I started brewing with a good friend of mine, but his schedule is opposite mine, so he rarely brews with me anymore. SWMBO will occasionally help, but never does so without complaint haha. She usually helps on bottling day though. I try and invite my friends who are interested in beer, but most often I brew solo with some death metal blasting in the background \m/

My dog allways helps during brew day, her favorite part is helping clean the mash tun

100_2085.jpg

Back