What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homebrewed amber ale mixed with a homebrewed coffee porter. Wasn't a fan of either individually, but combined they aren't so bad.

Deschutes Hop in the Dark. First time drinking a Cascadian Dark Ale and I must say, it's very good.

DSCN1201.jpg

Old Rasputin for the first time. It's hot out but I love a thick roasty beer. This doesn't hold a candle to the St Arnolds Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout I had last week though. To this date that is the best beer I've ever had, and I'm a hophead.

Samuel Adams Imperial Stout. All I can say is Wow! This is the best stout I've ever had. Is this a good example of the style?

DSCN1205.jpg

Samuel Adams Imperial Stout. All I can say is Wow! This is the best stout I've ever had. Is this a good example of the style?

Mediocre at best. Good example if you want to try "mass produced". Look for Oskar Blues Tenfidy, Old Rasputan, Jester King Black Metal, Moylans Imperial Stout, etc. PM me for more examples.

Tenfidy is great.

However, at the moment I'm dunking a Pike's Double IPA. It's not too bad. Almost as good as the IPA on tap at home...

Mediocre at best. Good example if you want to try "mass produced". Look for Oskar Blues Tenfidy, Old Rasputan, Jester King Black Metal, Moylans Imperial Stout, etc. PM me for more examples.

The only one of those that I can get is Tenfidy, and I haven't tried that yet because it's so damn expensive. It's about $12 a four pack.

Tenfidy is great.

However, at the moment I'm dunking a Pike's Double IPA. It's not too bad. Almost as good as the IPA on tap at home...

Don't down your IPA. Pike's is an "ok" beer. I haven't been too impressed by their stuff. Chances are I'd buy yours over it :D

OMG FINALLY A GOOD BEER! I ended up pouring out that last one in favor of opening something that wouldn't make me gag. This is better than I remember it!

ace07c9c.jpg

Ok, not drinking it yet but I was able to procure a bomber of Pliny the Elder and will crack it open this Sunday, Fathers Day.

Home-brew Sidekick IPA made with Chinook, Amarillo, Centennial, & Simcoe hops...about 85 IBU, 7.5% ABV.

Next up...either a Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree IPA or a Great Lakes Christmas Ale I've been hanging on to since Feb.

Bockor Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge

...from quite an interesting list:

429d1c9d.jpg

9 from the bottom is one of my FAVORITES!! I have it all the time at The Melting Pot and EVERY TIME at The Yard House. Periodically buy it and blend it with Framboise Lambic

Started with Jeremiah RoadhouseTea. These go down like regular tea. I drank 3 in about 15 minutes because you wouldn't know they had alcohol.

Moved to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Now I'm on Long Hammer IPA.

I'll be celebrating a friends birthday in a few minutes and plan on moving to some spirits.

After drinkng blue moon all day at my brothers house, switched to homebrewed maibock. Blue moon isnt that bad but thank god i tapped this TAD of homebrew last night.

Orval. First time I've had it. I like!

Thought it was nasty! The beauty of beer, different tastes. Had a Ranger Creek Oatmeal Pale Ale (awesome!!) then and Old Speckled Hen (draft) and then Flying Dog Double Dog Pale Ale (draft) now moving onto this...

MMMMMMMM!!!! (no the glass doesn't match the beer).

9e7db888.jpg

Back