Help, need a fast fermenting AG recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nic

Reaction score
Hello,

I need suggestions for a fast fermenting PM or possibly extract brew. It also needs to be friendly to the non connoisseur - for a work party.

It looks like I will have about 4 weeks until the party.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Nic

The usual low alcohol, low roast, low hops ale.
English style yeast usually flocculate quicker than other varieties. So I would make an English bitter or Mild.
The other choice is a Hefe. Hefes are not supposed to be clear so it is not important how flocculant your yeast is.

In either case I would leave it in the fermenter 2 weeks and then in the bottle 2 weeks. Make sure you try some before serving to ensure they are carbonated and nothing is off.

Craig

If you want to speed it up, add some trub or pitch over a yeast cake from a previous batch. Be sure to us a blow hose! I have had beers rattling the airlock in less than two hours.

Well I ended up making a wheat beer,

4 Lb Wheat LME
1 lb pale LME
2 lb Domestic 2 row
1 pint Honey

1 oz NZ Hallertauer - 60
.5 oz NZ Hallertauer - 8
.5 oz NZ Hallertauer 0

With White labs Hefeweizen yeast.

Any thoughts ?

the honey might make it take a bit longer to ferment out and won't give you much flavor anyway. but since you already made it...i'd stick to the 2 weeks plan. if you keg, it could be ready to drink a day or two after with force carbonation.

+1 on either the trub or a large started to at least get you going all the faster. I pitched a large starter in a batch last night and was bubbling away in less than 3 hours.

Back