BEST Food with BEER??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
This threatened to de-rail the homemade pizza thread, so needed to be culled, but seemed to merit a real discussion.

Obviously the idea that PIZZA was the best thing to eat with good beer was put forth.

Chicken wings threatened to de-throne Pizza.

What is your favorite food with beer?

We may do a poll after everyone chimes in.

I am gonna vote...

HOMEMADE TACOS with an IPA

ForumRunner_20130821_105105.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130821_105048.png
    ForumRunner_20130821_105048.png
    358.5 KB · Views: 354
I cant say that I have go to beers for different foods, just drink what im in the mood for.

Here are some of my favorites tho. Roastbeef/onion/habanero jack omelet with a hefeweizen. IPA with a flat iron. Anything with bacon cream cheese pizza and normally more IPA's with ribs :D

2013-07-28 11.06.06.jpg

2013-08-01 18.18.42.jpg

2013-07-05 19.30.34.jpg

2013-06-01 14.44.55.jpg

Between tacos, chili, wings, and pizza i'm now starving. :(

It's so hard to decide which food is #1 with beer... they are all special. And tasty.

I have not tried this yet but my grandfather swears by Buffalo Sweat from tallgrass and ice cream is amazing

yeah this isnt a good thread to look at before lunch break haha

I have to agree with shrimp, heres some we cooked on the fire with peppers on vacation in new mexico, i was drinking stone IPA :D

You lost too many shrimp to the fire gods there.. Must have been some good IPA :tank:

Absolute favorite is this: Julia Child used to say that "Pork likes apples." (Or maybe it was Jacques Pepin?) Anyway, my hard cider is phenomenal with pork any way - smoked, grilled, broiled, pan fried, etc. Any cut - butt, chops, tenderloin, ribs, you name it, it is awesome with good hard cider.

EDIT: Brandon O's Graff is really frickin' good with pork, too.

Absolute favorite is this: Julia Child used to say that "Pork likes apples." (Or maybe it was Jacques Pepin?) Anyway, my hard cider is phenomenal with pork any way - smoked, grilled, broiled, pan fried, etc. Any cut - butt, chops, tenderloin, ribs, you name it, it is awesome with good hard cider.

Did you see my chicken and apple sausage with kraut and stout? We are not too far off :mug:

You got me thinking though.........my lime and thyme marinated pork chops, breaded, fried and then topped with lime/thyme cajun gravy.........with a helles munich....are unstoppable......

Anything from the grill, fish tacos and beer can chicken near the top of my list.

Inject the bejesus out of a a big pork butt with that cider, let it sit overnight, then throw it on a smoker at 250 for ten hours or so. Nothing's better.

This has gone where I had not foreseen...

DESERT and candy and **** w/beer.................oh man.

I am envisioning the chocolate caramel cayenne salty pretzel epiphany I had a few months back recurring........

That said....KEEP THE SAVORY COMING!!!! while I sort out the sweet.......

(did someone mention ICECREAM and beer???????)

This could be from college eating at Sanford's all the time in Spearfish, but burgers and beer is always a good decision.

This could be from college eating at Sanford's all the time in Spearfish, but burgers and beer is always a good decision.

Oh my brother......

My burger meat patties...dredged in flour.......seasoned CAJUN....and pan fried...........served with gravy and fries...(gravy being the ONLY condiment, fries or burger)....with a SAM ADAMS fall seasonal sampler (6 kinds of beer) is unsurpassed....or so I seem to recall.....

Oh my brother......

My burger meat patties...dredged in flour.......seasoned CAJUN....and pan fried...........served with gravy and fries...(gravy being the ONLY condiment, fries or burger)....with a SAM ADAMS fall seasonal sampler (6 kinds of beer) is unsurpassed....or so I seem to recall.....

I think I just fell in love... minus the gravy.

This has gone where I had not foreseen...

DESERT and candy and **** w/beer.................oh man.

I am envisioning the chocolate caramel cayenne salty pretzel epiphany I had a few months back recurring........

That said....KEEP THE SAVORY COMING!!!! while I sort out the sweet.......

(did someone mention ICECREAM and beer???????)

Why do you feel like you need to exclude sweet foods?

Reminds me of a line I heard at a beer dinner. The head brewer from a big craft brewery was talking about the possibilities of beer/food pairings and said "It used to be that the only thing you could pair with beer was pizza."

Back