graduated cylinder size/hydrometer sample

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't really need a graduated cylinder, all you need is enough depth to let the hydrometer float at the ending gravity. Measure your hydrometer from the bottom (weighted end) to the 1.0 scale and get one at least that length. Diameter is up to you but the larger the diameter the more wort/beer you need to fill it.

I use a glass 100 ml graduated cylinder from Cynmar. It is tall enough for my hydrometer to set in in to the .990 level, making it good for both beer and wine. The graduations on it make it useful or measuring liquid as well. The product number is 11520376 in their catalog.

I use a glass 100 ml graduated cylinder from Cynmar. It is tall enough for my hydrometer to set in in to the .990 level, making it good for both beer and wine. The graduations on it make it useful or measuring liquid as well. The product number is 11520376 in their catalog.

Thanks for the info! Very helpful.

Back