Dilemma...can't decide which hops to use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alane1

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to decide which hops to use for a DIPA, problem is I have alot in my freezer all of which I like a lot but I dont want to over complicate the hop schedule.What would you do given these hops or which ones would you ommit?This is what I have in stock.

3oz. amarillo/pellets
2oz. simcoe/pellets
2oz chinook/pellets
3oz homegrown magnum
ad infinium homegrown cascade
2oz. citra/pellet
2oz.centennial/pellet
2oz.nugget/pellet

3oz Magnum @ 90
1-2oz of Something at 30
3-4oz of something @ 0
Dry hop with 2oz Citra and 2oz Centennial. That combo is pretty magical.

I have an IPA and IIPA that take 1oz Chinook and 1oz Simcoe in the last 10 minutes of the boil then I dry hop with equal amounts of Simcoe and Centenial. I think these beers are great, but I also use other hops that you don't have listed.

I have an IPA and IIPA that take 1oz Chinook and 1oz Simcoe in the last 10 minutes of the boil then I dry hop with equal amounts of Simcoe and Centenial. I think these beers are great, but I also use other hops that you don't have listed.

This looks good maybe I'll bitter with Magnum and use the citra and amarillo for 30 min. additions, or would that make the flavor too complicated?

This looks good maybe I'll bitter with Magnum and use the citra and amarillo for 30 min. additions, or would that make the flavor too complicated?

I can't say for sure if the flavor would be too complicated, but I think it would be worth a try. I'm imagining big citrus/grapefuit flavors and aromas with some spice and pine thrown into the mix.

3oz. amarillo/pellets
2oz. simcoe/pellets
2oz chinook/pellets
3oz homegrown magnum
ad infinium homegrown cascade
2oz. citra/pellet
2oz.centennial/pellet
2oz.nugget/pellet

Two regular IPAs around 6.5% abv both bittered with Magnum.

One with Citra, Amarillo, and Centennial or Nugget late & dryhop.

One with Chinook, Simcoe, and Nugget or Centennial late & dryhop.

Use leftover Cascade for both beers.

Back