Anyone have a grain mill I can use for a few minutes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmdour

Reaction score
I have what I thought was an extract & crushed specialty grain kit I was going to brew on Sunday . . . turns out it's an uncrushed partial mash kit, and my Barley Crusher isn't due for a few weeks (darn production delays!). Just tried the rolling pin/freezer bag approach on half a pound of the 5 pounds of grain, and am pretty unhappy with the results. Anyone in the Eastern half of the state have a grain mill I can use to quickly crush these grains?

I'd find a lhbs. I'm sure they will help you out.

This happened to me once. Its the reason I got my mill.

Sounds like a FLHBS just offered. This is also the reason I have a mill on order :)

If you want to travel to Foxboro this afternoon you can crush up your grains at The Witches Brew. I'll be there Noon to 5.

Thanks, Paul! I've been meaning to stop in and check The Witches Brew out - my brew buddy is down in Warwick, RI, so you guys are right about in the middle! I'm working until 3:30 today, but will head down as soon as I finish up in the shop, which should get me there before 4:30.

Latest posts

Back