Finally a hops score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyDaze

Reaction score
Background:
I have had a frustrating first year growing hops. planted six ryzomes, 5 made it but none produced. Thats fine I guess; but watching everyones' harvests has been quite painful. I have a friend who is growing some hops for me, also first year, and he had quite a few cones...but not enough to go through the troubles of harvesting and setting up a drying system...etc. Next year hopefully both of ours will produce good quantities of beer making goodness.

The big score:
Last night I played nine holes with a friend of mine. On one of the holes I notice a fence covered in hops. The fence is the barrier between the course someone's home. The just happened to walk out into his back yard right when I was over there investigating. I recognized him as the guy who works in the pro-shop from time to time. I ask "do you know what kind of hops these are?" he replies "no idea". I then ask "Do you use them for brewing?" He replies "no, just for decoration...Do you want them" My eyes light up "well sure; I don't have anything to put them in and Im golfing. Is it alright if I stop by again another time? he replies "sure thing, stop by whenever you want" We shook hands and I got his name...I so plan on bring him some homemade beer and wine when I go pick his hops this evening. Hopefully he will let me have some hops every year ...

What course do you play on? Just curious for golfing purposes only?

LOL

Happy brewing - Claremont?

yes...I have taken that into consideration already, but thanks for the reminder.

samc-Its a course called notellum creek over by the freeway ;)

Latest posts

Back