Show off your brew setup!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been brewing for 11 years off and on. I am puting the finishin touches on my rig! I have four kegerators and a bar as well:cross:

P7180002.jpg

Thirstyone said:
Been brewing for 11 years off and on. I am puting the finishin touches on my rig! I have four kegerators and a bar as well:cross:
Nice set up. You are leaps and bounds ahead of me.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

I like. I really wish I had the time to tinker and weld. I could have saved some money. That said, I like my setup, and produces AWESOME beer.

BTW, I just bought a stainless 14 gallon Conical fermenter. I'll post pictures when I get it in.

:rockin:

Biermann said:
BTW, I just bought a stainless 14 gallon Conical fermenter. I'll post pictures when I get it in.

:rockin:

You're just about heartless aren't ya? ;)

J/K Very cool. Can't wait to see it! :cross:

Ize

:D Hey, I had to do something with the equity money left over from our old house. I couldn't just let the wife spend it all on kitchen and bathroom remodeling! She's just lucky I didn't turn around and buy a huge copper 5 barrel system. So the way I'm looking at it is that I get what I wanted, and my wife gets off "cheap." Now, whether she sees it that way or not is another question.

I'm looking forward to getting it though . . .

Just to keep everyone somewhat grounded, my ghetto setto......

090106001.jpg

Complete with mash paddle and old jeep parts......

090106002.jpg

If we keep brewing, maybe we'll have visitors....

hot_beer_girls.jpg

Skol!

Ya - I would have given a lot to be the one to ask her if she would like a pearl necklace.......

Skol!

Ja.

Hier ist eine von der Freising Folksfest heute abend!

FreisingFest1.jpg

Und noch eine!

FreisingFest2.jpg

The focus was a tough decision.

Sie sieht sehr lecker aus. . . .nicht schlecht. . I mog' Tringa!!

Man, what was this thread about again??? Show off your beer girls?? :)

I need another drink. .. I still remember English. . :drunk:

Nice. Kinda hard to tell how tall it is from the angle. Looks really tall, but the garage appears to be a normal 8 foot height. You have any problems getting water in to the top barrel?

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
Should be a sticky.. hey mods?

Here's Mine. Just finished it today. Brewing with it now. Need some heat shielding on it but other than that it's rock n roll.

2186-PICT0049.JPG

Brewing a strong belgian ale. Hoorah.

That looks kick ass. Need more pics.

olllllo said:
Dude:
Nice touch with the Fisher-Price table and all.
With that and my crayons, I can come up with some killer recipes and labels. :D

olllllo said:
What's the tap marker on your stout setup?

Generic Sam Adam's cream stout label that came on the tap handle (got it on ebay). When I need to impress someone, a real (crayon created) label replaces it. ;)

beer4breakfast said:
Nice. Kinda hard to tell how tall it is from the angle. Looks really tall, but the garage appears to be a normal 8 foot height. You have any problems getting water in to the top barrel?

Top of the keg comes to 8 feet. Garage is 8' 8".

Used a drill pump to push water from a measured bucket to the HLT. Will be adding a sight tube to that keg so I can just use the hose. (I have a food grade coiled garden hose.)

The height was supposed to be shorter. My retired neighbor was a plumber/AC/Heating guy and he came over and helped with the build. He convinced me to go 24" between shelves and 24 etc. Back of my mind I knew there was a reason I meant to go shorter....

I'll submit more pics later in the day. Man that beatch is heavy! The shelved and legs come off though, so if I move I wonlt need a seperate truck. haha.

Cool. I like the heavy-duty stark utilitarian character of it. When I get around to building mine, that'll be the sort of look it will have. Emphasis on function and durability.

I've been promising to show off my new fermentor when it came in. I finally found the camera (wife finally told me where she keeps it)

I know its not a "brew set up," but what the hey anyway. . .

3548-fermenator1.JPG

3548-brewroom.JPG

I hate you...

...besides, where's the fun in not being able to watch your kraeusen?

:drunk:

Nice job actually. Been looking at them myself...

:mug:

I've talked about buying one for a long time. My wife kept telling me to get one so I'd shut up and stop whining.

You can watch (or check on) your Krauesen---You have to open the small corny lid on the top, but you can watch it (if you really want).

The nice thing is you can primary and secondary in the same vessel, rack, transfer under pressure, harvest yeast. . . and you don't ever have to open it until you need to clean it. And its light proof, and has its own carrying handles, and is not breakable. Of course, price is a downside.

When I die, I want them to bury me with my fermentor.

Wow. I would really love to have three of those, Biermann. Yes, three, and that's the problem. I figure it would be excruciatingly painful to be limited to one brew fermenting at a time. One I could scrape the money together for, but three? I dunno.

I guess you can keep on using your carboys and buckets and stuff, too, but I know I'd want three of them, eventually.

Yep, three of the 7.5 gallon ones would do me fine. No, wait, make that three of the 14 gallon ones. :fro:

What size is that one of yours, btw?

Don't forget that the more volume you have, the more cooling issues you have.:p

How are you going to cool three for proper fermentation temperatures?

;)

beer4breakfast said:
Yep, three of the 7.5 gallon ones would do me fine. No, wait, make that three of the 14 gallon ones. :fro:

What size is that one of yours, btw?

Mine's the 14 gallon--I make 5 and 10 gallon batches, so I needed something to accomodate a 10 plus gallon batch.

I still use my glass. . . especially for lagers. My fermenter will barely fit (I think--haven't really tried it yet, just eyeballed it) in the lagering fridge. I can get two different lagers in carboys in the fridge (5 gallon batches). I make mostly ales, so I'll be utilizing the conical for most everything except a lager.

Now that you mention it, I think I should get a whole shelf full of fermenters. . . . (don't tell my wife---she'll probably make me sleep in the brew room).

Back