The Dirty Truth

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glibbidy

Reaction score
The Dirty Truth in Northampton, MA finally opened to the public last week. It is the red headed step child of the Moan and Dove located in Amherst, MA, which ironically was recently rated the number one beer bar in the country by the Beer Advocate. :rockin:

The website for the Dirty Truth is not up yet, for future reference point your browser here: http://www.gnarmageddon.com

Here is a recent article about the Dirty Truth

The wife and I will be sending the kids away for the weekend, so that we can check the place out.

Can you stretch it and get there for 1pm? They may open at 1. no guarantees. The moan and dove opens at 1pm, so maybe....just maybe...it would surely would be worth it.

Aigh, prolly not this time. Making a run to the HBS on King Street (haven't been there yet, didn't find out about it - me being a ******* and all - until recently). But, I've got to get that trip done fairly early in the day so I can - hopefully - get some brewing in before SWMBO and I go out for our anniversary dinner tommorow night (unfortunately, our babysitting won't be for long enough to allow a trip over the mountain).

I love Table & Vine, haven't been there in a while (we lived in Amherst for a year, then two in Greenfield). We may have to make a trip into Hadley to go to Bread & Circus, they have a very respectable beer selection (albeit almost all warm) there as well.

The Dirty Truth was ranked the #2 bar in America.
Check it out if you get a chance. Great place, Great bottles, a wall of taps and appropriate glassware.:rockin:

Dude, you should take ollllllllllllllllllo there on Sunday (I'd take him, but the whole birthday party thing... :mad:). Get him down there for lunch (looks like they open at 1:00 on weekends), then send him down to the pike and on his way home.

the_bird said:
Dude, you should take ollllllllllllllllllo there on Sunday (I'd take him, but the whole birthday party thing... :mad:). Get him down there for lunch (looks like they open at 1:00 on weekends), then send him down to the pike and on his way home.

if he has enough time he should stop at Owen O'Leary's in Natick on the way to Logan.

Back