Taking stock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
recent events have given me pause for concern. Good,bad,or indifferent,life never stops throwing ****e my way. But such is the way of things for us blue collar folks. I sit here now,on my 6th ice beer (hey,any port in a storm is a good one),& smokin roll yer own cigs made out of tobacco from cig butts some home grown & dried lemon basil to freshen it a little. Same Bugler papers me,pop,&bil used decades ago. We were all laid off then. Good times still,since we all had a few boxes of 12guage #6's around. Gardens,dads hb stout,& my red wine.
But folks,more than that is on my mind of late. It seems like there's always a wrench in the works where in certain threads,someone always comes along after a general comment on my part,however befitting the thread,gets turned into something personal. It's never meant to be taken that way. And these things from those with even better jobs,higher up the ladder as it were,than yours truly. I made it to middle management,still enjoying my beer & pit bbq.
Add to that my love of brewing craft ales,the latest of which is going south as we speak,makes this all cause for introspection. With things the way they are,I can't brew as much as I'd like. So I live somewhat vicariously through y'all. I learn so much from every lil thing about each brew,so I pass it on.
Everything I say on here is from personal experience,& still sometimes I'm getting BS calls,or no,it can't work that way,you got it wrong,etc. Why do some people have to gain power for there bloated ego at the expense of others? Are we not here to help eachother & enjoy something we all have in commmon & hold dear? Makes me think the trolls have had enough to eat.
When someone speaks from experience,it's not just information. It's sharing something special that made this person feel better in the sharing. So keep that in mind next time it happens. Not to mention give you some food for thought this new years coming tomorrow. I pray that this coming year gives you pause to think about how you want to be loved this coming year. A person is measured not by how much YOU love,But how much you are loved by others. And yeah,I'm an aging hipster,so this comes from decades of experience. Now go forth & share some home brews & some wisdom.:mug:

Back