Just made, what will it taste like?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StittsvilleJames

Reaction score
I just finished up my first ESB, and am super excited to find out how it tastes? I have never used Marris Otter, Cara aroma, or Caramunich III before.

The recipe was:

4 kg Marris Otter
250 g Cara-munich III
125 g cara-aroma
1/2 oz centennial 60 min
1/2 oz fuggles 60 min
1 oz fuggles 30 min
1/2 oz fuggles 10 min
wyeast 1028 London Ale (1.2 L starter)

It's a 5 gallon batch, 38.6 ibu, OG ended up being 1.052, hoping to finish around 1.010 to 1.012-ish. Fermenting around 18 C (64/65 F) ambient.

Hopefully it gets a nice nutty malty flavour, with a hint of earthy hops, and evenly balanced bitterness. I used the centennial for bittering because they were left over from the centennial blonde I am drinking now (love you Biermuncher. For real. LOVE you).

Anyways, anyone think this recipe is out to lunch? It was bang in the middle to style for an esb, so hopefully it works out.

That'll be good. I'm not certain the Centennial is necessarily warranted, except for the higher AA%, but all those Fuggles blended with the MO is going to make for one delicious beer. I like my OG for ESB to be right around 1.052 myself. Let us know how it turns out!

Back