Cheyenne during Frontier Days, Anything besides rodeos?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landshark

HMFIC
Reaction score
Will be in Cheyenne for Frontier Days July 27-29th. Appears I can see shoot outs and rodeos...... Anything Beer or Wine related? I can see rodeos here in Mo, so it's not really as a novel idea as it may be for some others. Staying with wife's cousin, he's in the Air Force living up there currently.

Going to try to be as frugal as possible. Well, within reason. Still a vacation.

Thanks.:tank:

Frontier Days is awesome. You're not too far from Denver/Boulder, maybe an hour and a half. Tons of good beer down that way. And maybe 2 hours to Rocky Mountain National Park.

There is a brewery and a brew pub both right down on/near the depot downtown. Shadows (the brewpub) is 5/10 on just about everything - not bad, nothing to write home about. The Tivoli Tap house (a block or so west of the depot square) has 8 brews. They rotate a bit and are pretty good. It is a nice pub atmosphere (you can still have a conversation) and is a nice space.

There are a lot of bars, etc. that you could go to as well - I have only been here about a month and can't really report on the bars.

Well, shadows was crap. Sorry anyone from the area that likes the place. Service was bad and the beers were meh at best. However, tap house was great, however, Tap House was great, had a good convo with the tenders and good luck to them on the expansion.

Yeah, I have to revise my Shadows thing from earlier. We went there once and it was fine - waitress was great, beer was cheap (happy hour was like 1.50 for the stuff they brewed) and not terrible [hence the 5/10]. We went there recently - crap service, crap food, and the beer was bad and pricey [1/10]. Could have just been because of CFD but, it was awful.

Back