Pop top instead of twist top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odh2507

Reaction score
Got a sixer of shocktop raspberry wheat. Not a bad beer. Thing is, shock top uses twist offs, 5 of the bottles were twist top and one was a pop top, when the cap sais twist top on it. Someone ever have that happen? Bottles were identical besides the poptop top.

I've never seen that happen before...

I'd call the store or the local distributor and ask about it.

It sound to me like the brewery uses both twist off and crown capping bottles. I would say that the 6-pack left the bottling plant with 6 twist offs and somewhere along the line someone switched the one pop top into the six pack. Probably in the liquor store.

No, I have never seen this happen.

Shock Top was always a pry-off in Florida, but that was a couple years back. Maybe there are still a few pop-top ones hanging around in the system and one got subbed-in.

Lol i was thinking it was a contest. How cool would that be? Lol but yea even the cap said twist off, like the other twist off caps, so when i tried to twist it off and i just jurt my hand, i was like WTF. Thats weird...date and lot number were the same on all bottles, so not sure about this

I wonder if it's a regional thing? Certain areas get twist and some regions get pop tops? I wouldn't know why it matters. But it is odd.

I'm curious, call them.

Just shot them an email, at which point i realized that shock top is owned by anheuser busch...what dont these guys own?

In Miami it was in pop-top bottles that had the Michelob logo molded into them. I know the Shock Top beers have replaced alot of the Michelob seasonals in the AB lineup. Not sure if this is a regional thing though.

Back